• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

let's see your top 6 selections for Carolina's 1.6 pick

BlitzMonster

On 2/10/2022 at 9:11 PM, BlitzMonster said:

Give six selections in your preferred order for Carolina's 1.6 pick.  That guarantees the team will get one of your players.  

1) Charles Cross LT MISSISSIPPI STATE

2) Ikem Ekwonu LT NC STATE

3) Evan Neal LT ALABAMA

4) Matt Corral QB OLE MISS

5)  Bernhard Raimann LT CENTRAL MICHIGAN

6) Tyler Linderbaum C IOWA

Let’s see how FA goes. It starts in about a month. Still like 2.5 months out from the Draft.

On 2/10/2022 at 9:11 PM, BlitzMonster said:

Give six selections in your preferred order for Carolina's 1.6 pick.  That guarantees the team will get one of your players.  

1) Charles Cross LT MISSISSIPPI STATE

2) Ikem Ekwonu LT NC STATE

3) Evan Neal LT ALABAMA

4) Matt Corral QB OLE MISS

5)  Bernhard Raimann LT CENTRAL MICHIGAN

6) Tyler Linderbaum C IOWA

I like it (if not in that order because it's early) but if I'm going BPA, then exit Linderbaum and enter Sauce Gardner.

• Pie 1

Love the thread! Been going back and fourth on what ID want honestly. It changes almost daily.

1) Still that trade down (prefer to nab Phillys earlier and later firsts and take an OL and BPA or best qb available before Pitt can). 

2) Ikem Ekwomu. Nasty, a need, super talented. Think he’d fit nicely next to Brady. Up to the staff to decide which is the better tackle, which is the better guard. Both SEEM tweeners in a weird way.

3) Malik Willis. I anticipate the combine makes his value rise and in doing so, doesn’t “make” this feel like a reach of a pick. Not the perfect player but I’ll be damned if he’s not interesting and oozing with upside for our next head coach.

4) Evan Neal/ Kyle Hamilton. Neal would be number one, if I thought we had a shot at him. Nasty, size, winning program. 

Kyle Hamilton brings a fun complex to this team… fills a need, not the most important need, but I’m excited to see what he can do at FS.

5) Not Kenny Pickett. Just don’t make the pick Kenny Pickett please. I don’t want an older, later blooming, limited and flawed player. He’s damn near darnolds age, what’s the REAL growth with the guy?

• Pie 1

33 minutes ago, Eric4280 said:

Love the thread! Been going back and fourth on what ID want honestly. It changes almost daily.

I thought it would be fun to make this thread pretty early, while all of us were still doing research on the college players.   I wouldn't be surprised if most of the Huddle weren't re-assessing our picks on a regular basis just as you are !   But actually being asked to write things down forces one to make choices, which I believe is a useful exercise. 

There will be more clarity after free agency and the combine.  And the individual player workouts will be the final piece.  But I can already see my own vision for the pick coming together, in who I want and who I (definitely) do not want.  

13 hours ago, stbugs said:

You brought wrestling into it and sure there are skills that are helpful but you don’t need to be a successful wrestler to be a good center. Also, from the video I posted Wirfs is big but he sure doesn’t appear to be some unreal wrestler.

You are jumping all around and I’m just responding. If you bring up that centers are more valuable than QBs, which is basically what you said, then I will take the highest rated prospect from your list and show you how that isn’t true. I never said anything about drafting a QB. I’ve said that I want the best LT, simple as that because it’s great value at 6 if you can get a stud because there are Humphreys, Kalils, McCoys, almost every year in day 2. As I’ve posted before Linderbaum’s size is his weakness and I don’t think he’s good value at 6 

You really are taking this way to personally. You like the guy but at 6, he’s got to be a HOF to be a good value pick. Linderbaum could easily end up better than the LT we pick. Cross and Neal and Icky could be busts but if we knew the future, we’d likely draft a QB.

I never made the point that a center has to have been a wrestler, that is yet another strawman that you are attempting to set up and knock down. I made the point that OL that are also wrestlers are known to have all of those transferrable skills that I listed.

The other problem here is that you're looking for blurbs to further your argument without doing any actual research. You say that Wirfs is big but not an unreal wrestler because you saw him get pinned by the best OL in this year's draft and a guy under 6'. That short guy you showed is Aaron Costello and he was 55-0 as a heavyweight. He was a monster, but all you saw was a short guy that you thought would serve to denigrate Wirfs abilities as a wrestler which he also credits with helping him develop as one of the top OL in the NFL.

Tristan was 25-3 and the Iowa high school state champion at heavyweight. Tell any wrestler that somebody was a state champ in Iowa as a wrestler, and there is no question over whether or not that guy is a good wrestler:

Wirfs capped a 25-3 season with 2A’s heavyweight crown, knocking off Atlantic’s John McConkey 3-2 with an emphatic takedown. A quick flex and roars of jubilation immediately followed. Wirfs wore a proud grin as he sat perched atop the podium —a state champion.

Go quote where I said that centers are more valuable in QBs. At this point we might have to get you renamed to "strawbugs" because you have yet to respond to (nor counter) any supporting arguments that I've made. 👀

I don't get where you're getting that this is personal. Aside from joking around and saying to not Matt Rhule this when you were hyperfocused on a one inch height difference I can't see anything that comes across as personal in this direct back-and-forth. Would you mind pointing out where you got that impression?

On 2/11/2022 at 12:35 PM, Icege said:

The idea that Tyler Linderbaum is "undersized" is incredibly uninformed. He's listed at 6'3" 291lbs fresh out of college without an NFL offseason. Now look at the following starting centers:

• Rodney Hudson (ARI) 6'2" 300 lbs
  • Corey Linsley (LAC) 6'3" 301 lbs
  • J.C. Tretter (CLE) 6'4" 307 lbs
  • Jason Kelce (PHI) 6'3" 295 lbs
  • Ben Jones (TEN) 6'3" 308 lbs
  • Ryan Kelly (IND) 6'4" 309 lbs
  • Matt Hennessy (ATL) 6'4" 295 lbs
  • Garrett Bradbury (MIN) 6'3" 306 lbs
  • Connor McGovern (NYJ) 6'4" 306 lbs
  • Austin Corbett (LAR) 6'4" 306 lbs
  • Matt Paradis (CAR) 6'3" 300 lbs

People are really out here trying to get folks to believe that the kid can't put on 10 lbs of muscles under an NFL strength & conditioning program when Creed Humphrey weighed 302 lbs at the combine and is now listed at 320 lbs?

I guess he's going to get pushed around by NFL DL just like Tristan Wirfs pushed him around when they... wayminit...

Ok. 👀

I was concerned with his size too before that video.  Sign me up for this guy if the OTs are gone

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1