• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Name something specific that would get you pumped for this season

Zod

28 minutes ago, travisura said:

Honestly surprised he hasn't done this already. It would truly separate himself and the team from the Richardson era. And it'd be a quick easy way to sell merch if they look good.

If he does this, and the Panthers fans simply don't spend the money...maybe just maybe that would open some eyes.

IMO it reeks of desperation....much like brining back Cam.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

If he does this, and the Panthers fans simply don't spend the money...maybe just maybe that would open some eyes.

IMO it reeks of desperation....much like brining back Cam.

Maybe the folks on this board wouldn't spend their money, but I have a feeling the fan base as a whole probably would.

We stop talking about you know who. 😉

Nah, look ... this team/FO sucks. We've always sucked minus a handful of seasons. Just embrace that and enjoy watching football on Sundays. Don't get invested. It'll only bring you down. Nothing will make me run to the TV each week ... as I'm already going to be watching. Now, we start having back to back winning seasons and turn into a yearly team to watch? Ok, I'd allow myself to get pumped. But here we are in 2022 and ...

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, travisura said:

Maybe the folks on this board wouldn't spend their money, but I have a feeling the fan base as a whole probably would.

Spending money on a team doesn't make you a good fan, not if they aren't even trying to put out a competitive product.  The only feedback we have as fans is our time and money.  The Panthers will get neither of mine until they are serious about at least attempting to win.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Spending money on a team doesn't make you a good fan, not if they aren't even trying to put out a competitive product.  The only feedback we have as fans is our time and money.  The Panthers will get neither of mine until they are serious about at least attempting to win.

Oh I agree completely. I'm just thinking that a rollout of new uniforms would inevitably lead to people buying the new jerseys and merch, etc., regardless of how the team was playing. But as you said, the best way to earn more money is to put a winning product on the field.

9 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

We stop talking about you know who. 😉

Nah, look ... this team/FO sucks. We've always sucked minus a handful of seasons. Just embrace that and enjoy watching football on Sundays. Don't get invested. It'll only bring you down. Nothing will make me run to the TV each week ... as I'm already going to be watching. Now, we start having back to back winning seasons and turn into a yearly team to watch? Ok, I'd allow myself to get pumped. But here we are in 2022 and ...

Your anti-Cam obsession is weird, man.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

Nothing would make me happy. No FA signings leading to more comp picks. No wasting cap on Robby type deals. Just draft OL and nothing else. Admit that we aren’t making the playoffs and actually make moves to secure a future run.

Unfortunately, fat baby faced soon to be fired morons don’t build for the future.

They burn it all down now to  justify their own pathetic existence in vain.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 hours ago, CarolinaLivin said:

You have to think his final say isn't the same as last year. Tepper either told Rhule what kind of coaches to bring in (one's with more experience), which could still be Rhule having final say. Just not his selecting the crop to interview. I think our OC is bringing in the guys he wants, and Rhule has final say/makes the hire from that group. My second guess is Tepper is letting the fear of Rhule losing his job kind of make him want more experience around him.

It's in his contract.

1a. Fire Rhule. I know too little too late to with all the other positions already filled.

1b. IF our draft played out something like this but only if 1a is met because I don't trust Rhule to pull this off.

IF the top 3 tackles are gone, AND Thibadeaux or Hutchinson are available, take them, then..

Trade Burns and our 2023 3rd to Philly for 15 and 19. (separate thread about why already)

Draft Linderbaum at 15

Trade 19 to Detroit for 32 and 34. Detroit takes their QB since I don't think one goes at 2 but one could possible go in the 20s, at 32 we take Raimann, Penning or Petit-Frere, whichever is the best of the 3 available. 

Pick 34 we take Muma, Cine or Brisker or Zion Johnson if all 3 of those are gone.

Yes we would lose Burns, but would gain an elite level edge rusher prospect, top center, address the tackle position, address LB, S or guard and save 15m on the cap next season. 

Again, I would only want to see this if Rhule was gone, otherwise he would just fug it all up and we'd end up with some Baylor alum that was going to go UDFA.