• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers 2021 QBs rank #41 and #42 out of 32 NFL teams

Billy Love

I can't help wondering what happens if at some point during the offseason Ben McAdoo just goes over to Matt Rhule and says, "Hey Matt, you know this Walker guy that you're keeping on the roster for heaven only knows what reason? He really sucks. What the hell are you thinking with this guy?"

• Beer 1

16 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I can't help wondering what happens if at some point during the offseason Ben McAdoo just goes over to Matt Rhule and says, "Hey Matt, you know this Walker guy that you're keeping on the roster for heaven only knows what reason? He really sucks. What the hell are you thinking with this guy?"

It's just beyond my understanding why they keep him on the active roster but refuse to play him when the opportunity arises.

18 minutes ago, KSpan said:

It's just beyond my understanding why they keep him on the active roster but refuse to play him when the opportunity arises.

It's probably worth asking the question in a broader context.

Among the revelations that have come out in recent months about the Panthers locker room was a note that this team’s roster is considered by many to be the least “merit based” in the NFL, including on it players who likely wouldn’t make any other roster in the league but are here because of Matt Rhule.

In a similar vein, prior to this year, the majority of Matt Rhule’s coaching staff was made up of either guys who’d followed him from place to place or guys with whom he had some prior familiarity directly or through connections.

This offseason though, Rhule was forced to chose to hire assistant coaches with actual NFL experience.

So what happens when the guys who just joined up start giving honest opinions about those non-merit based roster spots?

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3