• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deshaun Watson said no thanks to Carolina Panthers

Zod

2 hours ago, demcj said:

The Panthers were willing to make the deal regardless of the civil (or criminal) cases...

wtf?!

I don't believe the statement above to be true**.

Since the season ended there has been a lot of unnecessary gnashing of teeth and constant carping for Tepper to "speak" -- it might actually be a good idea for him to come out and put this rumor to rest.

**Note:  On the chance it is true, and were TRF & Co. to pull it off, it is literally the only scenario I can envision that could put the Panthers on a path to leaving town for another (far away) destination (not Rock Hill).

PS...would the League Office have to approve the deal?  Pretty sure no NBA trades are final until the League Office ratifies it, not sure if NFL has same procedure.

Edited by SizzleBuzz

19 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Wow, are you saying nobody but Cam would even pick up the phone and now even he's like "get yo priorities in order" before he would think about it again!?

If you're really building stop thirsting after and trying throwing money at FAs and getting turned down, you look desperate. I'm now totally ok with rolling with the best rookie QB you can "steal" out of this draft. Not Fhules Gold like Zach Wilson and the elder Pickett. No, more like Mac Jones or this draft Carson Strong. Don't believe the hype. That is the mistake teams like the Jets and Dolphins make. Green Bay, the Patriots approach their decisions based on researching, scouting, finding a diamond, not Fhules Gold.

Dont all teams base their decisions off of research and scouting?  Aren't all teams trying to find that "diamond in the rough"?  You really think Rhule and Fitterer just throw darts at a board full of pictures and choose the guy they hit?  I understand being upset with the current state of the franchise, but this stuff is getting a little absurd. 

1 minute ago, joemac said:

Dont all teams base their decisions off of research and scouting?  Aren't all teams trying to find that "diamond in the rough"?  You really think Rhule and Fitterer just throw darts at a board full of pictures and choose the guy they hit?  I understand being upset with the current state of the franchise, but this stuff is getting a little absurd. 

Stop. Absurd is the last four years. And yes, we do believe they have absolutely no idea what they're doing. It shows.

• Beer 1

We brought Darnold in knowing he on the field issues, and he predictably failed.  

If we had brought in Watson, knowing that he had off the field issues, no reason to think he wouldn't have failed eventually either.  

We have screwed this up so many times.  It's an indication of gross incompetence.  Good quarterbacks aren't coming here via trade or free agency.  We are going to have to draft someone and hope it works out.  

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Davidson Deac II said:

We brought Darnold in knowing he on the field issues, and he predictably failed.  

If we had brought in Watson, knowing that he had off the field issues, no reason to think he wouldn't have failed eventually either.  

We have screwed this up so many times.  It's an indication of gross incompetence.  Good quarterbacks aren't coming here via trade or free agency.  We are going to have to draft someone and hope it works out.  

That realization just hit me today. That's the best thing we could do. It would be cheaper and more entertaining. Not Pickett though. We all have our favorites but not that guy. Can't believe the hype, pundits are very often wrong.

Breaking News:  Any top tier NFL QB that has options isn't coming to Carolina until there is a competent management/coaching staff in place.

Surprisingly, top tier QBs would rather win than lose and don't enjoy being treated as human pinatas by an opponent's defense.

Weird.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Pie 4
  • Flames 1

37 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

I don't believe the statement above to be true**.

Since the season ended there has been a lot of unnecessary gnashing of teeth and constant carping for Tepper to "speak" -- it might actually be a good idea for him to come out and put this rumor to rest.

**Note:  On the chance it is true, and were TRF & Co. to pull it off, it is literally the only scenario I can envision that could put the Panthers on a path to leaving town for another (far away) destination (not Rock Hill).

PS...would the League Office have to approve the deal?  Pretty sure no NBA trades are final until the League Office ratifies it, not sure if NFL has same procedure.

Conspiracy! There is no such word because it doesn't exist.....but it does.