• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BREAKING NEWS Deshaun Watson now willing to be traded to CAROLINA

Woot

A QB won't save a team even if they are SB caliber. Think of a QB like a supercharger. If you have a poo engine, the supercharger is pointless.

Adding Matthew Stafford would not make a team playoff worthy. Brady didn't go to a team he thought was a rebuild. Manning did not go to the Broncos because they were one of the worst teams in the NFL.

Draft a mid round QB, strengthen the defense, and improve talent to compliment the QB.

When the Panthers are attractive to the best QBs in the NFL, you will know.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Is that capologist we hired from the great Pittsburgh Steelers not working out?

What was his name again?

Samir Suleiman, hes your type of guy..... Great ball buster, look him up. Hes got a couple funny stories, one was him wanting to kill a reporter. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=2161515

ugh, sorry about the espn link just the first one

• The D 1

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

Samir Suleiman, hes your type of guy..... Great ball buster, look him up. Hes got a couple funny stories, one was him wanting to kill a reporter. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=2161515

ugh, sorry about the espn link just the first one

Nobody in the Steelers organization was worried one bit about him working somewhere else. And his performance since arriving in CAR is all the evidence needed. 

• Flames 2

14 hours ago, TheProcess said:

I will say this, IF we trade for Watson there are two potential outcomes, and I see both as a positive. This of course assuming we make sure that the legal stuff is taken care of first.

1 - Panthers immediately have the best QB in the NFCS and it isn't close. This immediately puts us at the top of tge division and into the playoffs yearly.

2 - Panthers immediately have the best QB in the NFCS and it isn't close. Therefore Tepper will expect an immediate winner as mentioned in scenario one. Panthers fall short of this in 2022 finally opening Teppers eyes that Rhule is horrible, and fires him. Panthers having a legit QB attracts a good coach finally. We see a competent 2023 team and build from there.

Not even sure he would be the best qb. We have no idea now where this guys head is. He may never be the same again. No way of knowing.

Add to the fact  that the product we put out this year was so bad, we may never know how good he is,  if he doesn't have a good team around him, that includes coaching staff.

Then, we are not even sure Goodell doesn't put him on the exempt list and loses an additional year. He may tank further still. 

Too risky,  for me, its a pass. I get it, and see why people want him. I loved watching him play. I just dont know he will ever take to the field the same way again. Provided he even gets the opportunity.

Edited by PeteRozelle

13 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

E80E3032-5EC2-466E-9FDD-0F2BD60320AA.jpeg

Ahh.. How cute. As usual you just post a vague screenshot of what you want seen. Never what was actually said. 

So a fanboy writer calls him a master negotiator, based on what? His destruction of the Panthers cap since hired? And calls him a candidate because a writer just brought him up at the end of an article as a remote possibility? 

This are all the candidates they have interviewed. And their choice on the Panthers staff wasn’t Samir. 

The other external candidates who have been interviewed are Louis Riddick, Morocco Brown, Ed Dodds, Ryan Cowden, John Wojciechowski, JoJo Wooden, John Spytek, and Dan Morgan. The two internal candidates to be interviewed are Omar Khan and Brandon Hunt.

The Pittsburgh Steelers have announced they’ve interviewed three more candidates to replace Kevin Colbert as the team’s future GM. As tweeted out moments ago, they interviewed the Ravens’ Joe Hortiz, 49ers’ Ran Carthon, and Eagles’ Andy Weidl

You know how to post links. You just pull this screen shot BS when you’re hiding relevant information. 

Edited by Toomers

If we add Watson we should make the playoffs if we can get the deal down to just 3 first round picks. I would take the deal with the Texans if they come down to just 3 1sts and no premium players off our roster.

Adding Watson gives us the best QB we've ever had throwing the ball to DJ, Robby, Terrace with a season under his belt, and CMC. That is more than enough weaponry. Christensen has proven he can play LT well now that he has the experience, and we know Moton is solid on the right. Our center will be back off IR, word is Deonte is up to speed to play RG, and LG can be filled by a vet free agent, draft pick, or the best guard we keep. That is a solid offense that I would want to go see play at BOA.

If your offense is right, then the defense improves by default, and our defense has top tier prospects all over the field. These are highly coveted draft picks who are coming into their own now. We are not as solid against the run due to the size in packages we play, but that won't matter as much if our offense is putting up points. The opposing offense will be forced to throw more, and we're built more to stop the pass. Imagine the interception from our highly touted DBs and pressure from a rested defense.

Everything changes if land Watson. I go from expecting 5 wins, to at least 9 and a possible playoff birth. yes we'll still have to address the o-line the following season. No we won't be a SB contender, but we'll have a team I don't dread to watch.

The Texans want 3 first rounders and two players. They'll want two of our best players. No. It's a no from me if they want 3 1sts and two of our best players. That is too much to replace. We might as well draft a QB in 2023 and get destroyed in the upcoming season. I'd offer 3 1sts and that is as high as I would go.

• Pie 2

Now let's say we land Watson and we're terrible. That means that the coaching staff is to blame, we got out schemed, and there is a 100% chance Tepper would fire Rhule and clean house. We clean out the bad coaches, and go into the 2023 draft with high picks from the second round down, a loaded defense, Watson at QB, and plenty of weapons already. Our second and third picks could shore up the o-line, or whatever is needed. Things become way more hypothetical the further you go out, but you get the general idea.

Some of you may be wondering why I have said that Watson coming here is extremely unlikely. The reason is because of the rumor mill reports that we met the Texans asking price, and then the Texans talked to Watson and his agent and Watson refused to come here. Watson must have invoked his no trade clause to avoid this dumpster fire. This occurred back in November.

A newer report has surfaced that Watson is now willing to come here. Although I believe this report, I think Watson is being pressured by his agent and the Texans to say that. The Texans want more teams in the mix bidding for Watson, and if dumpster fire teams like the Panthers, that were already rejected by Watson, don't bother bidding then that hurts the Texans and Watson.

That's why I've said that it is extremely unlikely that Watson comes here assuming that the November reports are true, and the recent reports are bullplop.

• Pie 1