• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Calvin Ridley suspended for the 2022 season

Mr. Scot

Damn, what a fuging idiot.  And here we are, in a spot in time where we are to take mental health crises seriously, and supposedly, Ridley has been regarded as a very high character guy, and dude stepped away under the guise of mental health crisis and he is down at Hard Rock being a dumbass, gambling through a mainstream sports book that is guaranteed to get him suspended or banned from the league.

Wtf?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

He's lucky he didn't receive a permanent ban.

"Apparent or alleged violations of this Policy by NFL Personnel will continue to be decided by the Commissioner or his designee on a case-by-case basis. Violations of this Policy constitute conduct detrimental to the League and will subject the involved Club and/or person(s) to appropriate disciplinary action by the Commissioner. Such disciplinary action may include, without limitation, severe penalties, up to and including a fine, termination of employment and/or banishment from the NFL for life."

• Beer 2

16 hours ago, Toomers said:

And this is the response of someone who the closest they ever got to a football field is playing skin flute in the band. I heard the speech every year for 5 seasons from Bobby Wallace, Pat Dye, and Terry Bowden. First meeting every summer. Don’t bet on football. Period. There is no path back from it. Every NFL player will tell you the same thing. 

But I’m sure you know better with your Pro and College experience. It’s the difference between people that know, and people who think they know. Want to guess which one you are? 

And look at you now! LMAO! 

The NFL rule betting on Football: All NFL Personnel are prohibited from placing, soliciting, or facilitating any bet, whether directly or indirectly through a third-party, on any NFL game, practice or other event.

If the NFL want to assure the rule is enforced they have to have a severe penalty for its violation and that is exactly what they did  in Calvin Ridleys case.

("Falcons' Ridley banned for season and forfeits $11m salary after betting on NFL games. The NFL has banned Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Calvin Ridley for the entire 2022 season – and possibly longer – for betting on games. The suspension means he will forfeit his $11.1m salary for 2022.")
  • Beer 1

42 minutes ago, Panther'sBigD said:

And look at you now! LMAO! 

Retired before 50 and own a business I got multiple offers over 100M for in the past 6 months. How horrible it is to be me. Sorry it doesn’t compare fo your stock boy position at Walmart. I made more betting on under Win total for the Panthers than you did working. 

19 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

I fully expect to get f*cked when betting on games so it is what it is but yeah, he’s toast then

lol we really wanted him

haha yep I was losing it that draft night when we picked DJ of Ridley seemed so stupid at the time. Glad I was wrong, not that it's mattered anyways with how bad we've been

Just now, Toomers said:

Retired before 50 and own a business I got multiple offers over 100M for in the past 6 months. How horrible it is to be me. Sorry it doesn’t compare fo your stock boy position at Walmart. I made more betting on under Win total for the Panthers than you did working. 

I get a real kick out of people who brag about a bunch of unverifiable nonsense on anonymous message boards. Thanks for the laugh. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, stbugs said:

It’s a harsh penalty because it needs to be to keep the integrity of the game. It’s that slippery slope. Can you bet on other teams where you have insider info because you have friends and know who’s actually hurt? Can you bet on your own team if not playing since you are hurt? The NFL just doesn’t want to have to create rules and worry about insider info so they bring out the ban hammer so the rest of the players don’t think twice.

I get it,  it's just hard to preach about the NFL protecting the integrity of the game when they themselves don't. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Toomers said:

Bullshit GIF by Giphy QA