• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Straight up Yes or No: Do you want the Panthers to Trade for Deshaun Watson? If we do, will you still be a fan?

Ricky Spanish

Watson Poll  

246 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the Panthers to trade for Watson?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Will you still be a Panther Fan if we trade for Watson?

• Yes
    • No

You sell your body for likes, you sell your body for money, you sell your body to influence people to buy a product, they buy the product, you find a way to get more money for being “wronged” when you S that D…. Money grab is money grab. Big Cat approved. Add the pie chart meme. 

• Poo 1

i don’t understand why we cannot stack picks for key players outside of Moton and Horn, tank JR 2010 style w/darnoldand get the franchise guy next year with the first pick, while having other high picks and tons of cap…and then move on from Rhule…

how is this such blasphemy compared to giving up the only way to build this 5 win team for sexual predator scum…why is this the ONLY way

it’s desperation from a bunch of inept morons…if you’re going to be desperate at least be smart

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

12 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm not trying to influence anyone.  I was asked a question and I answered.  I'm outraged that this is even being considered.  

His victims don't need my money because Deshaun is giving them all of his to keep their mouth shut. 

Ah yes you’re so outraged that you’re doing… what, exactly? complaining on a panthers message board that the idea is being floated around? Why aren’t you saying you’ll boycott the nfl completely if any team signs him? The nfl employees a plethora of criminals, yet none of that bothers you? If you aren’t just virtue signaling (like I suspect), here’s a great resource to actually help victims: https://blog.charitynavigator.org/2018/04/highly-rated-charities-working-to-end.html?m=1

Watson is paying them hush money and they turn around and press charges? That makes 0 sense. 

Rather they not trade for him, not just because of the accusations but also because he got himself in the situation in the first place. Even if he did none of what he's  accused of, I'd (naively) rather he be a risk-averse person who can quickly know that Insta DMs always get outed, so just don't make any. Go to Six Flags for entertainment rather than a nightclub. Be home before midnight. Only get massages at the training facility by your staff because you don't have to pay them. Yep, it's boring and yep, it's a very un-2020s life, but it'll keep you well-paid and well-regarded. Not saying it's fair but it's the price of being a public figure and at least so far people like Mahomes, Jackson, Brady, and Stafford seem to navigate this just fine.

I'd remain a fan if he was on the team though, but there'd always be this reservation like if I had won Powerball because I cheated and had intel on the winning numbers. Then again my fandom is limited to more scorekeeping and highlights-watching now, so maybe it's not much different.

• Pie 1

No and Yes.

The No depends on the price of admission. If we trade 2-3 first round picks or some other kind of haul, it will cripple our ability to actually improve the roster for the bulk of his career here. He will take up so much money that free agency will be difficult to fix all of our many problems.

The Yes is absolute. However, my rooting for him will be dependent on what the full story is with his allegations. And that is going to be dependent on if we ever actually know that. If we don't, I guess I will just get past it because I don't know. If he did do all of it(or worse), I can't see myself supporting him. If he didn't do it and it was all(or mostly) BS, no harm no foul. I'll get that jersey ordered.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, BrisbanePanther said:

Rather they not trade for him, not just because of the accusations but also because he got himself in the situation in the first place. Even if he did none of what he's  accused of, I'd (naively) rather he be a risk-averse person who can quickly know that Insta DMs always get outed, so just don't make any. Go to Six Flags for entertainment rather than a nightclub. Be home before midnight. Only get massages at the training facility by your staff because you don't have to pay them. Yep, it's boring and yep, it's a very un-2020s life, but it'll keep you well-paid and well-regarded. Not saying it's fair but it's the price of being a public figure and at least so far people like Mahomes, Jackson, Brady, and Stafford seem to navigate this just fine.

I'd remain a fan if he was on the team though, but there'd always be this reservation like if I had won Powerball because I cheated and had intel on the winning numbers. Then again my fandom is limited to more scorekeeping and highlights-watching now, so maybe it's not much different.

Or....maybe use actual professionals and not randoms from Instagram. Plenty of discreet hookers willing to engage in whatever fetish you have.

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Or....maybe use actual professionals and not randoms from Instagram. Plenty of discreet hookers willing to engage in whatever fetish you have.

Unless your fetish specifically involves women who aren't willing and need to be "convinced".

Many types of sexual victimization take the form of a power trip.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2

9 hours ago, Actionman0z said:

You’re telling me a handsome dude had to force himself on thirsty Instagram hoes? It’s a trap. Innocent. 

Congrats for falling for the myth that attractive men don't rape, assault, or force themselves on women. Just because someone has an attractive physical appearance doesn't mean their soul, personality, or whatever you want to call that dwells inside us all is as equally attractive or good. Here are some examples: Armie Hammer, Ed Westwick, Ted Bundy(yes, he raped his victims in addition to murdering them), and Darren Sharper. If you want less famous examples: Kevin Coe, Richard Gillmore, Aron Kee, and Brian Witty were all described as handsome and charming by their victims.

• Pie 2

51 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Unless your fetish specifically involves women who aren't willing and need to be "convinced".

Many types of sexual victimization take the form of a power trip.

He is either an idiot or that is part of his kink...or both. Sure looks like both at this point.

4 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Congrats for falling for the myth that attractive men don't rape, assault, or force themselves on women. Just because someone has an attractive physical appearance doesn't mean their soul, personality, or whatever you want to call that dwells inside us all is as equally attractive or good. Here are some examples: Armie Hammer, Ed Westwick, Ted Bundy(yes, he raped his victims in addition to murdering them), and Darren Sharper. If you want less famous examples: Kevin Coe, Richard Gillmore, Aron Kee, and Brian Witty were all described as handsome and charming by their victims.

Someone sounds like an incel...

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Waldo said:

He is either an idiot or that is part of his kink...or both. Sure looks like both at this point.

A lot of athletes think they're untouchable.

(unfortunate choice of words here, I know) 😕

They've grown up being catered to, shielded from consequences and treated like gods because they can play a game. It leaves a great many of them believing that the rules of society only apply to other people.

Hence, why they pull stupid sh-t like this...

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

A lot of athletes think they're untouchable.

(unfortunate choice of words here, I know) 😕

They've grown up being catered to, shielded from consequences and treated like gods because they can play a game. It leaves a great many of them believing that the rules of society only apply to other people.

Hence, why they pull stupid sh-t like this...

All true. I would guess their world view changes drastically after their first cover up.