• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper hired a private investigator to look into Deshaun Watson

Zod

2 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

Organizations hiring PIs to look into a possible franchise QB?

A 50 year long tradition in the NFL. Is this news? I think the big news would be that an organization did not hire a PI to look into a move on a franchise QB.

Exactly, it's called a background check.

As the compensation numbers get larger the checking out becomes more comprehensive...especially when there are overhanging "issues" like we have with Mr. Whip-It-Out.

That said, as usual, not a single named source. 🤦‍♂️

Edited by SizzleBuzz

no one should be surprised that Tepper hired a private investigator to look into this. even if the decision to bring in Watson would not be a good one, which I don't think it would be, getting someone you trust to dig in to the details of a public, messy situation so that you can make the best choice is a good decision.

2 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:
2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

There is a 0.0% chance that anyone would know this.  Calling total BS

There is a 100% chance that someone would know this.  For example, the one they hired and anyone that worked for him or her.  Whether they would tell somebody in the press is anyone's guess.  

Unless that is the Panthers never hired a P.I. in the first place 🧐

7 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Exactly, it's called a background check.

As the compensation numbers get larger the checking out becomes more comprehensive...especially when there are overhanging "issues" like we have with Mr. Whip-It-Out.

That said, as usual, not a single named source. 🤦‍♂️

If Tepper actually trades for Watson will you be leaving? If so that's a silver lining. It ain't much but it'll have to do.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

34 minutes ago, Waldo said:

At least we will be able to track our new QB through the find a preditor site...cool.

I also assume he won't be doing charity work with the kids...

If he's hired, prepare yourself for a PR blitz of the Panthers supporting women's issues. They will probably have him doing ads claiming how much he is donating to abuse shelters and the like. The whole team will be wearing pink shoes. The hypocrisy will likely make me vomit.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 4

1 minute ago, Mike in Raleigh said:

If he's hired, prepare yourself for a PR blitz of the Panthers supporting women's issues. They will probably have him doing ads claiming how much he is donating to abuse shelters and the like. The whole team will be wearing pink shoes. The hypocrisy will likely make me vomit.

So you stopped watching the NFL after the Ray Rice video and all the other documented instances of abuse right?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

Just now, Mike in Raleigh said:

At least we get a 'Go rapists' chant...that's fun too.

I'm all for redemption but after what and how he has handled this entire thing he looks guilty and remorseless. Act right for a few years after the court stuff is finished and I would be willing to listen about change and all that.

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, Mike in Raleigh said:

Does not matter it will blow over eventually

All that matters is that we would be getting a franchise QB in his prime 

Some team WILL trade for Deshaun and a year from now no one will remember or care what they gave up to get him 

• Pie 1

Just now, frankw said:

So you stopped watching the NFL after the Ray Rice video and all the other documented instances of abuse right?

Ray Rice wasn't on MY team and I didn't support them to start with. He should have been in prison. I have been a Panthers fan from the start. When they start acting as shitty as other teams, I don't have to put up with it. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

Just now, Mike in Raleigh said:

Ray Rice wasn't on MY team and I didn't support them to start with. He should have been in prison. I have been a Panthers fan from the start. When they start acting as shitty as other teams, I don't have to put up with it. 

So if it's not on your team no harm no foul? Sounds like performative outrage.

• Pie 4