• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

4 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

I get what Ellis is saying but that applies to everyone and it’s crazy how things can change…I’ve heard this was close to getting done in July then the criminal stuff came out…then the Miami thing…then Miami was stupid…so now this is the first time there’s been a clean(ish) slate for the Panthers to try.

As the trade market for Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson hits overdrive, a betting market is emerging. The folks at PointsBet have compiled odds for the next team for which Watson will take a snap.

The favorite is the Panthers at +175. However, until it’s known that Watson has changed his mind about the Panthers (he declined to waive his no-trade clause for Carolina a year ago), that’s a risky bet.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/12/the-panthers-are-the-betting-favorites-to-land-deshaun-watson/

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

As the trade market for Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson hits overdrive, a betting market is emerging. The folks at PointsBet have compiled odds for the next team for which Watson will take a snap.

The favorite is the Panthers at +175. However, until it’s known that Watson has changed his mind about the Panthers (he declined to waive his no-trade clause for Carolina a year ago), that’s a risky bet.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/12/the-panthers-are-the-betting-favorites-to-land-deshaun-watson/

Not just the favorites. BIG favorites 

18 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

I just dont understand how you build the rest of the roster with no picks and no cap.

We have plenty of cap room next year and we have all our picks besides whatever they trade away. And we still will probably make deals for other players and picks after that. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Chief Keek said:

Hopefully Seattle or another team can swipe Watson before the Panthers get the opportunity, that would prevent Tepper's desperate ass from mortgaging the future.

So then Seattle can go on to whip our asses every year for the next decade while we try and fail to land a franchise QB?

• Pie 3

13 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

I'm hoping Seattle bails us out and keeps  us from ourselves by trading for Watson.

https://clutchpoints.com/seahawks-rumors-deshaun-watson-to-seattle-speculation-heats-up-even-more/

I honestly don’t get this take. Everyone realizes that no matter how good the a ancillary talent is on this team….we aren’t going anywhere without a QB. 

We literally had 6-7 pro bowl pedigree players this year. We were a dumpster fire. In large part due to a Qb situation that routinely failed to score and turned the ball over. 

A team and QB that can score brings out the best in the surrounding talent. Don’t trade Burns or Horn. Otherwise I would absolutely trade any combo of players on this team and numerous 1st round picks. 

Using Wilsons deal as a framework:

2022, 2023 1st round picks

2024 2nd and 3rd round picks 

Jeremy Chinn

Derrick Brown

That is 4 first round talents and contracts along with 2nd and 3rd rounders and I wouldn’t blink. 

Edited by unicar15
  • Pie 4

3 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

Yep

This is bigger than just this season. This is a long term play. We could easily go the next 3 years striking out in QB’s. We’ve already done that the last two and well on our way to do it again this year if we don’t land Watson

This is how I view it. Do what’s possible to get Watson here. We’ll worry about the rest later 

• Pie 3