• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

6 minutes ago, joemac said:

So then Seattle can go on to whip our asses every year for the next decade while we try and fail to land a franchise QB?

Watson isn't going to carry a terrible HC, no O-line, and a bad defense to the playoffs. He might be good enough for 2-3 additional wins.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Chief Keek said:

Watson isn't going to carry a terrible HC, no O-line, and a bad defense to the playoffs. He might be good enough for 2-3 additional wins.

Wasn't aware the NFL's final season is next year before they fold

Edited by amcoolio

1 minute ago, Panthers Rhule said:

I heard a from an anonymous source that Tepper may possibly be interested in possible trading the world for a lego batman car. My contact  is pretty good. You can trust me. I swear. Ask my mom. But not now she's busy. 

Better idea than Kenny Pickett 

Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

15 minutes ago, Chief Keek said:

This is a long term play and if you can’t see that then idk what to tell you. 

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

I heard a from an anonymous source that Tepper may possibly be interested in possible trading the world for a lego batman car. My contact  is pretty good. You can trust me. I swear. Ask my mom. But not now she's busy. 

Cringe 

• Pie 2

17 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

I honestly don’t get this take. Everyone realizes that no matter how good the a ancillary talent is on this team….we aren’t going anywhere without a QB. 

We literally had 6-7 pro bowl pedigree players this year. We were a dumpster fire. In large part due to a Qb situation that routinely failed to score and turned the ball over. 

A team and QB that can score brings out the best in the surrounding talent. Don’t trade Burns or Horn. Otherwise I would absolutely trade any combo of players on this team and numerous 1st round picks. 

Using Wilsons deal as a framework:

2022, 2023 1st round picks

2024 2nd and 3rd round picks 

Jeremy Chinn

Derrick Brown

That is 4 first round talents and contracts along with 2nd and 3rd rounders and I wouldn’t blink. 

I don't think that Watson is worth the price. He hasn't played in a year, might still be suspended multiple games under the conduct code and will be playing behind a depleted team who gave up five first rounders including picks and players. If Watson gets hurt we are depleted and screwed. We could take quite a few swings at QB with all those first rounders we gave up. This year at 6 we can get our left tackle for the next decade or our pick of QBs and still keep our stars and future picks. If we go QB and he sucks, we can use that guy as our backup when we dump Darnold and we can get a top qb pick again in 2023.  With Rookie contracts cheap, you really can  keep going for your QB. And we still have our 2024 first rounder.  I don't understand the mortgaging a team for one player no matter who.  We don't want to end up being the case study for what not to do in sports management courses giving up the farm for a player who couldn't carry the team without a supporting cast.

• Pie 2