• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

4 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

The majority of the folks on r/Saints sub really do not want Watson. 

Texans, Seahawks, and Saints forums/r's all have said the same thing "Panthers have better assets, they will win this deal"

I guess people do see our rosters as talented outside of this circle. Maybe Watson and his Agent see it too.

2 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Keep in mind that Deshaun has the final say here 

What a team offers the Texans in return has now become secondary to where Deshaun chooses to play for

Texans prefer our trade package bc we have something better than draft picks, we have young building block players still on their rookie contracts. 

Assume the Saints offer is less than what the Panthers offer but Deshaun tells the Texans he wants to be traded to New Orleans, that’s it they have no choice but to trade him to where he wants to go.

This is true, Watson does hold the cards as we get into this portion of the trade discussions. But Carolina’s ability to match Houston’s needs via trade keeps them in the mix. I don’t know anyone who truly knows what Watson thinks about Carolina, their situation, or how his presence there would translate to w’s. I don’t know what do you thinks about the coach, I don’t know how he feels about the OC, I do know he likes Sean Ryan. Watson paired with a healthy McCaffrey would look and feel dynamic. 

The Panthers could also, presumably, renegotiate/restructure Watson’s current deal, leveling out, while converting some of the 22 cap charge to signing bonus (cash). From there, if permitted, the Panthers would likely look to use contractual restructure as a selling point for Watson, using some of their upcoming salary cap as the “Watson Fund” of sorts. A huge bump in salary/years, or some variation thereof would likely END DW’s unspoken, assumed reluctance to play here.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

so like the past 4 seasons of patiently waiting...another 2-3 of just being terrible shuffling through the likes of teddy bridgewater and sam darnold but, doing it the "correct way"....just smh

You shot your down your own argument and didn't even realize it, lol!  Quick fix trades are not the right way unless all the organization is lacking...literally the missing link, is the QB.  The right way is to draft a guy, but unfortunately that's a year away.

This team is a dumpster fire, heck even Aaron Rodgers couldn't save this team right now.  But sure, let's go for the 'quick fix' wit a dude that has legal issues.

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, Pazhoosier89 said:

Exactly,  Burns was a 2nd round pick. You can find a player like him in the draft. Burns will need to be paid big money in a couple years.  You can't let that stop you from getting a franchise QB.

Burns was a 1st. And you can't replace your passrush through the draft when you don't have picks

• Pie 4

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I would just hope we could avoid giving up both Burns and Chinn. Honestly, it might be a deal breaker for me.

I was thinking the same thing a couple of weeks ago, but started coming to the realization that this was a conversation that would probably be broached, at the very least, by Houston. 

Again, no confirmation from my end that both will be packaged in an offer together. 

Oh man, if New Orleans is in the lead in the final hours, it would feel like a Tep move to simply overextend and fork out more just to win the trade. 

14 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

Which teams in the last 20 years have "patiently" rebuilt for 4-5 seasons and actually had that work out? 

The Seahawks a while back and more currently the Chiefs.  It appears the Bengals and Bills are about there as well.

Edited by 45catfan

5 minutes ago, Pazhoosier89 said:

Exactly,  Burns was a 2nd round pick. You can find a player like him in the draft. Burns will need to be paid big money in a couple years.  You can't let that stop you from getting a franchise QB.

Hahahahaha what??!  Burns was our 2019 first round pick. Did you just start watching football?

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Pazhoosier89 said:

Burns was a first round pick.  Come on man

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

Eh, I get it if you think the picks and the totality of it are too much, but if you're already that deep into it, no way you can let Burns, Chinn, or both be a deal-breaker for a franchise QB. 

You can't give up three 1st round picks and probably more draft assets plus your two best young defensive players. That's gutting your roster.

For the record, I meant both would be the deal breaker for me. I fully expect the Texans to demand Burns as part of the deal.

• Pie 1

Just now, therealmjl said:

lmao the bengals patiently rebuilt? they slipped into a bonafide franchise QB and he carried them to the super bowl in his second season.

So Burrow carried that team all by himself?  I'm pretty sure the defense was pretty solid and they went out and got Burrow some weapons.  If anything Burrow developed a season quicker than most would have thought.  For Bengals' fans, that's a great thing.

What I think makes matter worse is Houston knows we are all in on Watson. Tepper is making sure that we lose negotiation power by asserting our desires to have him.  

The price is going to be steep.  The maximum I would give up is 3 firsts and a former first round pick.  There is no way in hell I would give up 3 first and 2 or 3 former first round picks and only get Watson. 

Here's a thought?  Any potential three way deals for all you couch potato GMs.? 😆

• Pie 1