• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

8 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

I don't think Bridgewater was a product of impatience. That move made plenty of sense at the time. He just didn't work out. And I fail to see how one bad trade for Darnold is proof that urgency never pays off. Bucs weren't "patient" with Winston. They went out and got Brady. Chiefs weren't "patient" with Alex Smith. They went out and got a QB they thought could be an upgrade when they didn't necessarily need one. The Broncos weren't "patient" with The Golden Calf of Bristol. They went and got Manning and won a Super Bowl. 

Bridgewater was absolutely impatience.  The front office thought they would get a capable QB that would keep us at least competitive through the roster rebuild that would resemble more of a re-tooling.   That blew up.  Then they doubled down with Darnold.  Remember, we could have had Fields or Jones and not have to gave up a single THING.  But, Tepper wanted to try to stay competitive as the rebuild went on.  Now, we have to give up a TON of draft capital as this doubling down on stupid continues.

Also, please tell me how the Bucs, Broncos and Chiefs rosters resembled anything like our roster right now?  The Chiefs being the weakest of the three.  The Bucs and Broncos rosters were stocked.  Again, you are willing to let the Panthers build around Watson because the team is NOT a contender currently...even with Watson.  I get it, you have a man-crush on Watson.  That doesn't acknowledge this roster is has major holes, a coach that makes it up as he goes along and an owner that keeps sticking his nose into things making it a lot worse.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Are you sure you meant to quote me? You're quoting my response to the question "You are seemingly willing to wait for the Panthers to build around Watson, so why not wait for us to draft a guy next year?"

Your question doesn't seem relevant to my answer.

My bad wrong post

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

So a rookie with a rookie with a horrible offensive line... still did better than TMJ on our roster. The bottom line is that TMJ isnt see as a valuable piece in a trade, he wont be in the deal unless there is 5-6 players invovled. Id move on from this concept.

Last I heard, Rhule mentioned wanting to reteach TMJ his gait so he can stay healthy. Pretty sure that means he's never going to be fully healthy and Rhule is going to somehow make his gait worse than it already is

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

I don't think Bridgewater was a product of impatience. That move made plenty of sense at the time. He just didn't work out. And I fail to see how one bad trade for Darnold is proof that urgency never pays off. Bucs weren't "patient" with Winston. They went out and got Brady. Chiefs weren't "patient" with Alex Smith. They went out and got a QB they thought could be an upgrade when they didn't necessarily need one. The Broncos weren't "patient" with The Golden Calf of Bristol. They went and got Manning and won a Super Bowl. 

Bridgewater was Tepper, Rhule, and Brady trying to put their stamp on the team. It failed because TB sucks and it’s a phantom stat padder of a QB.  

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Bridgewater was absolutely impatience.  The front office thought they would get a capable QB that would keep us at least competitive through the roster rebuild that would resemble more of a re-tooling.   That blew up.  Then they doubled down with Darnold.  Remember, we could have had Fields or Jones and not have to gave up a single THING.  But, Tepper wanted to try to stay competitive as the rebuild went on.  Now, we have to give up a TON of draft capital as this doubling down on stupid continues.

Also, please tell me how the Bucs, Broncos and Chiefs rosters resembled anything like our roster right now?  The Chiefs being the weakest of the three.  The Bucs and Broncos rosters were stocked.  Again, you are willing to let the Panthers build around Watson because the team is NOT a contender currently...even with Watson.  I get it, you have a man-crush on Watson.  That doesn't acknowledge this roster is has major holes, a coach that makes it up as he goes along and an owner that keeps sticking his nose into things making it a lot worse.

So what was the "patience" option then? Cam was and is broken physically. There wasn't a QB worth taking at 7. What were they supposed to do at QB?

Darnold was a panic move when they didn't get Stafford. No doubt. But I am fine with passing on Fields and Jones. Fields did not look good this year. Jones was efficient when asked not to do a whole lot to win games on his arm. It's about quality. Fields and Jones are a long, long shot from Watson. Not even close to him.

I don't think either the Bucs or Broncos were necessarily "stocked." Don't forget a bunch of guys followed Brady to come to Tampa. They were 7-9. The Broncos were 8-8. Actually, I think the Chiefs were easily in the best shape. 

But it doesn't change the fact that all three of these moves were "impatient," in your estimation.

As a Seahawk fan I hope you land him. If Watson was the style QB Seattle wanted, they should have stuck with Wilson. They moved on because they didn't want to pay him 50+ mil in a year or two. Same with Watson, he will demand 55+ in a couple years. No team has ever won a SB when there QB makes more than 12.61% of the cap. Good look this year guys...either way.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

So what was the "patience" option then? Cam was and is broken physically. There wasn't a QB worth taking at 7. What were they supposed to do at QB?

Darnold was a panic move when they didn't get Stafford. No doubt. But I am fine with passing on Fields and Jones. Fields did not look good this year. Jones was efficient when asked not to do a whole lot to win games on his arm. It's about quality. Fields and Jones are a long, long shot from Watson. Not even close to him.

I don't think either the Bucs or Broncos were necessarily "stocked." Don't forget a bunch of guys followed Brady to come to Tampa. They were 7-9. The Broncos were 8-8. Actually, I think the Chiefs were easily in the best shape. 

But it doesn't change the fact that all three of these moves were "impatient," in your estimation.

Answer me just one question, if you somehow could foresee the future and if was going to take the Panthers until 2024 just to make the playoffs with Watson, would you still make the trade? 

I will say it again---I will take the Panthers vs. the field in an Avatar bet.  I will take a bet that requires the loser to use the avatar of the winner's choice until the first preseason kickoff. (as long as it is somewhat tasteful like my current avatar).  I seriously think the Panthers will pay more that three firsts, a second, and 2 established players. Not saying that is what I would do---I am saying that I smell desperation and so does Houston.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

Answer me just one question, if you somehow could foresee the future and if was going to take the Panthers until 2024 just to make the playoffs with Watson, would you still make the trade? 

Yes, the upcoming season is a wash anyway, so that means only one more year of being irrelevant. 

We could draft a qb in 2023 and he could be a huge bust,  The browns have drafted how many QBs and they are about to ship another one off.