• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Watson Thread - Part Deux

Zod

Just now, PantherFanInPhilly said:

Seriously. I’m so sick of the cap talk. I’ve heard that poo for so..many..years.

It's simply gambling. Most teams just don't take it to the extent the Saints have. There has been no REAL economic recession since 2008 and the covid cap year the Saints had Brees willing to restructure to help them.

The Saints are gambling the cap will go up every year, eventually a recession will happen and they will hopefully be in trouble if Goddell is not comish.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

So, what we doing when Watson picks the saints? I might never come back lol. I’m treating this thread potentially as my last hoorah. Think Watson might be the Hail Mary for my fandom. Can’t support this franchise much longer. Being a real fan doesn’t mean blindly following a loser. 

same here dude. i'm soaking up every bit of this because my days are gonna be numbered.

Just now, Jackie Lee said:

Yup, and then the Texans have to further negotiate. Sounds like the Falcons don't even have their trade package together to get an interview. Everyone is so impatient 

Like I said, the fact that HOU and the league are allowing him to meet with a team who are realistically completely incapable of putting together a trade package for him that would a)compensate HOU, and b)fit him on the roster under the cap while still keeping enough people to play on a Sunday.

Its a fuging insult to us.  

And furthermore, makes me think the NFL is tampering with the whole situation like they do every other fuging thing we're ever involved in to fuging screw us.  If he liked us and we have the best package of compensation, why the fug are we here????

The NFL is steering him elsewhere.

• Pie 1

If Watson chooses us fine.  If not fine.  Everyone has torn down the Panthers to make them look like total idiots but you have to pick your side now.  If you want Watson and we get him there are no more complaints from you.  You don’t get to bitch later.  Sorry

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 2

And like I said, at this point, our best bet is to try to go ahead and sign the pieces NO is banking on to lure him in with Armstead and Fuller, but instead of acting like NO and ATL do with us, we're run by a bunch of spineless pussies who want to sit on their hands and hope that we both a) don't offend anyone and b) Watson is blind to our dysfunction.  fuging idiots.

• Flames 1

Just now, Panthercougar68 said:

The whole reaching out to Atlanta thing is still weird because it’s a knock on NO and Cleveland too…not just us

He's probably never going to have a chance to meet with them again in his career. Grew up a Falcons fan. Worked for them as a ball boy. They aren't a realistic option here for a number of reasons. Just chill. 

• Pie 1