• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Watson Thread - Part Deux

Zod

3 minutes ago, PantherMan89 said:

I’m a little behind reading today but do you have any updates from Houston media saying we’re leading? Only thing I’ve seen is national media saying Saints. 

A sports radio personality in Houston said that most people there want the trade to be with the Panthers, based on the available assets.    Aside from that, who knows?

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

A sports radio personality in Houston said that most people there want the trade to be with the Panthers, based on the available assets.    Aside from that, who knows?

And John McClain retweeted some random guy saying the deal with Carolina was nearly done

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Record isn't everything. Personality matters and Rhule is arrogant about his abilities and puts blame on others when it doesn't belong there. That tends not to sit well with people. 

Actually, in the NFL, records are the only thing that matters. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

And John McClain retweeted some random guy saying the deal with Carolina was nearly done

It makes sense, and nothing else really does, from the Texans' viewpoint.  I think I heard that Watson contacted Atlanta--which is interesting, but they have the fewest assets to move--the Falcons would be fools to ignore the request, but the reality is they can't afford it. 

1 minute ago, Smittymoose said:

Saints still $3M over the cap after the Davenport restructure, and so, $38M away from clearing enough room to trade for Watson. 

They don’t need to be under the cap to make the trade. They just have to be under the cap by the start of the season.