• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watson Watch Day 4 - The Finale

Zod

2 minutes ago, SJTFG said:

I want better from you people @Verge @ellis

There is no need to jump on them for providing info but it also should not be unkind to simply admit some who are on twitter attempting to break news are engaging in attention seeking same as anyone else. When it reaches that point which it has for some it should not be controversial to acknowledge.

• Pie 1

Just now, jamos14 said:

The Saints brass met with Deshaun Watson a second time last night, according to sources.

I fuging hate them.  I'm serious, if Russia wants to nuke one fuging organization in the world off the fuging map, please start with the Taints (spare the citizenry please, they already live in a trash can).  I fuging despise them.

• The D 1

2 minutes ago, ellis said:

I think you’re confusing things a little bit, but then again, you’re probably doing it on purpose. Let’s take a minute and explain: 

My understanding is Karolina came in with the most aggressive offer, and was the team most willing to increase that offer. At the end of the day, that doesn’t dictate Watsons destination, as he has a no trade clause. Not matter what, if one team offers more than the others in terms of draft capital + players, but Watson would rather play for another team, he’s going to play for another team.

So much backtracking you're no more credible than IGO I mean you're the hypeman bestfriend and you can't get no information out of him? Guess all that twitter dickriding is all for not 

1 minute ago, Actionman0z said:

Ellis. Question for you. Why do you cover the Panthers? I listened to about 10 minutes of your twitter show the other night, and to me it sounds like you hate the team. Just wondering. 

I don’t hate the Panthers. It’s not my job to cheerlead for them, either. I’m not in charge of how I’m labeled, whether it’s a reporter, radio guy, podcaster, whatever people want to think, that’s cool. I try to provide some information, perspective, a little bit of film breakdown, and some honesty. Having a 27-year interest in this franchise gives me a little bit of perspective, and I guess if you’re detecting unhappiness, it’s on the behalf of fans right now who are stuck dealing with a pretty messy operation. It’s not good these days.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, SJTFG said:

So much backtracking you're no more credible than IGO I mean you're the hypeman bestfriend and you can't get no information out of him? Guess all that twitter dickriding is all for not 

I have cultivated some pretty good relationships around the league, not just with a guy like Stanley, but people I respect who do hard work in the trenches. I’m comfortable with my place in all of this, and I appreciate your feedback. 

Edited by ellis
  • Pie 1

Just now, TheRumGone said:

Doesn’t make sense. He already stated last year he doesn’t wanna go to a team that is crippled by what they have to give up to get him. A bidding war works against him and I think he’s passed “leaving on amicable terms” both DW and the Texans have power here. Would be stupid for him not to flex it. 

I get him wanting to go to Miami over us at the time because it’s Miami and they had Flores. 

I really don’t think he’s trying to stick it to the Texans anymore. He hasn’t had any leg to stand on since the civil suits started rolling in and he hasn’t acted like he has. He’s been a good little foot soldier since then and it makes sense to see it through. They still have some leverage if they don’t get a good enough offer.

as for Flores… well that was clearly overblown. He could still play for Flores but has made no push to do so whatsoever. I think he just wanted Miami.