• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watson Watch Day 4 - The Finale

Zod

Just now, carpanfan96 said:

Ryan's bonus kicks in at 4pm, after which it would be nearly impossible for them to cut or trade him and make Watson work. 

He's wrong in the fact that Atlanta is backing out on their own volition. Watson is waiting for them to make a decision, not the other way around like he phrased it. If they can't deal Matt Ryan, they just can't make a deal work. 

1 minute ago, RJK said:

I mean the saints restructured everybody and can fit DWs contract. If the falcons can’t get rid of Ryan his second choice is clearly NO and Carolina is a distant distant third 

My point exactly.. Let him go to a Sean Paytonless NO with little to no assets.. While we build up the better younger roster..

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

As someone stated, I wonder how the Texans feel about enabling the Colts (rival) to obtain Matt Ryan… 

It's a clusterf*ck and that's why this is dragging on so long.

Atlanta is Watson's #1 choice. But they don't offer the best trade package to Houston. And they'd be enriching a division rival to make a trade work (most likely).

Panthers probably still have the most assets on the table to trade for Watson. The Panthers are probably the Texans preferred trade partner.

Saints are a wildcard. They don't offer the best trade package most likely, maybe why they needed a second meeting with Watson. They need to win over him personally over the Panthers. 

• Pie 1

Just now, RJK said:

I mean the saints restructured everybody and can fit DWs contract. If the falcons can’t get rid of Ryan his second choice is clearly NO and Carolina is a distant distant third 

I think they're still just a little bit short, otherwise we'd have already been officially eliminated, instead as last resort in case both Falcons and Saints can't make it work

2 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Under Tepper, the Panthers don’t win 

as long as he keeps Rhule, winning at an organizational level, is not going to happen 

Winning also doesn’t happen when you change coaches after two years

3 minutes ago, hepcat said:

He's wrong in the fact that Atlanta is backing out on their own volition. Watson is waiting for them to make a decision, not the other way around like he phrased it. If they can't deal Matt Ryan, they just can't make a deal work. 

Gotcha, yea you're right on that part. They've got to back out after 4pm because of Ryan's contract not them not wanting Watson 

• Beer 1