• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watson Watch Day 4 - The Finale

Zod

Just now, TheBigKat said:

Can we take a moment and thank Darnold for being classy through all this

how is he being classy?  Sam has had a bad career and really stunk last season.  

He just stealing money at this point being on our roster.  I’d be classy too lol 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Just now, Shocker said:

Doesn’t change the fact he didn’t act like a fuggin baby like Baker

I will acknowledge that Sam may be one of the worst starting QB's in the league but he isn't a little bitch like that for sure.

• Pie 3

That’s Sheena… wait for someone else to “break” the news (which has now been proven false) then post an old pic (that she’s trying to pass off as current) to make it look like she knew all along… say something of substance for once, be a reporter not a gossip journalist

• Pie 3

Just now, Proudiddy said:

The longer it goes, the more it signals and adds credence to the idea that we had the best deal offered since day 1, it likely doesn't involve players from our end, and the Taints and Failcunts only got involved to drive the price up or to keep us from getting him and now they have to scramble to even put a deal together.  fuging idiots.

I think this fits with the Tep mentality. This is it from a succinct point of view and no ambiguity. Could be the second meeting with saints is to clarify the offer and have an apples to apples comparison.   Fug it.  If it happens it happens.  

from a Panther perspective we’ve said “This is the offer.  We’re done. “. Everyone else can dissect it over 10,000 message board posts, but the FO is done.  

probably an unpopular standpoint because it minimizes the import of the last 48 hours from a huddle perspective but it is worth considering.  

• Pie 1

Just now, RowanPanther said:

My whole thing is this... why did Watson not contact Atlanta while he sat out all year last season? 

They could have had ample time to develop an exit strategy for dumping Ryan and making room for the ball boy?

I am sure that would be considered tampering. Only certain teams are allowed to do that. 

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• Article:  The Rams must love rookie defensive lineman Braden Fiske, because they paid the Panthers a fortune to move up in the second round and draft him. To move up from No. 52 to No. 39 and draft Fiske, the Rams gave up the 155th overall pick in this year’s draft, as well as the Rams’ second-round pick in next year’s draft. That’s a rare price to pay, for a move up of just 13 spots in the second round. In fact, according to Seth Walder of ESPN Analytics, the Rams overpaid by the most any team has overpaid to move up on Day Two of the draft in at least the last six years. Ultimately, the Rams used two second-round picks and a fifth-round pick on Fiske. That’s a lot to spend. For the Panthers, it’s a great deal that nets them a second-round pick next year in addition to Jonathon Brooks, the running back the Panthers drafted after making another trade that packaged the two picks they got from the Rams. The Panthers didn’t have a 2025 second-round pick, having shipped it to Chicago in last year’s Bryce Young trade, but now they have a second-round pick after making a good trade on Friday. https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/rams-paid-a-big-price-in-trade-with-panthers-to-move-up-13-spots-for-braden-fiske
    • Yeah I don’t think I’d like this guy outside, he doesn’t fit that in the NFL.  I think he needs to stick to nickel and ST to help the defense, he’d probably contribute. I think he’d be a liability outside. I like him okay though, looking forward to seeing him.  Actually that is probably how I feel about all the picks, I like them okay and am looking forward to seeing them. I feel like they were taken for a good reason; though I may not see it yet. One shouldn’t expect to go straight down the line hit every one, butI think we’ll hit on a couple of guys in this group. 4 would be great.  
    • i know, but to a degree to can still apply, imo. yes, the guy is a unicorn. crazy circumstances and situations i think kept him away from opportunity to prove themselves for a longer period of time. and in that he and cam are similar. cam took a couple years before he was put in a situation to show what he could do given then opportunity. same wit XL. different circumstances, for sure, but really they were drafted based on one one year of production where they looked dominant. does that mean he's going to be the cam newton of WRS? probably not.  one of the arguments against cam was that he had only one year of "real" production at a high level and those arguments were furthered by the lack of people who had transitioned into a legit starter after so little starting experience.  they were/are both unicorns.