• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

David Tepper - Come on in here and get this humble pie

TheWiz

I have to believe Tepper is a smart man, however his desperation in this whole ordeal reeks of someone who hasn’t faced adversity (that he couldn’t buy his way out of) in his life. 

There are no shortcuts to establishing a winning nfl team. You need to have the right people in the right places for years making the right decisions. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

15 minutes ago, TheWiz said:

Complaining about complaining is also complaining. 

True. But here's the key difference: You cared(not much, sure) enough about my complaint to respond to it. 

Tepper doesn't know you or I exist. He's not going to post a mea culpa and promise to do things the way you want him to. 

13 minutes ago, bigdog10 said:

I have to believe Tepper is a smart man, however his desperation in this whole ordeal reeks of someone who hasn’t faced adversity (that he couldn’t buy his way out of) in his life. 

There are no shortcuts to establishing a winning nfl team. You need to have the right people in the right places for years making the right decisions. 

Why?  Because he's rich?

I'm in a business where I'm constantly meeting with and dealing with folks who are millionaires many times over, and a few are billionaires....I am consistently shocked at how they may understand one thing really well...they are not very smart when it comes to anything else in their lives.

Being rich doesn't make you smart. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, thefuzz said:

Why?  Because he's rich?

I'm in a business where I'm constantly meeting with and dealing with folks who are millionaires many times over, and a few are billionaires....I am consistently shocked at how they may understand one thing really well...they are not very smart when it comes to anything else in their lives.

You will get no arguments from me on that one. 

However, most of the wealthy I’ve crossed paths with have a semblance of intelligence, but what they lack is humility due to an oversized ego. 

1 minute ago, bigdog10 said:

You will get no arguments from me on that one. 

However, most of the wealthy I’ve crossed paths with have a semblance of intelligence, but what they lack is humility due to an oversized ego. 

Strangely, a lot of the millionaires I know are assholes, the billionaires are not....go figure.

I don't think Tepper is an asshole, I think he's an idiot.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Panther'sBigD said:

This is a game. We're fans of a team that plays a game. It's supposed to be fun. poo talking your team/staff because they're not performing is one thing, but this place has become Doom-posting Central, where grown men write open letters to the owner like some kind of angry child, and others pretend like this is worse than the year Richardson tanked the team to punish the Players Union. 

Yeah, the crybaby circle jerk got old fast. I’m sure it’s driven traffic down. I know I can’t stand to be on here too long or often anymore. 

• Pie 1

Tepper you got clowned by the Bill Cosby of QBs. Clearly by all accounts a POS. You kissed this loser's ass for 1 year and then then let another nfcs team come in last minute and steal him. How pathetic are u brah?  Please fire rhule and let anyone but you hire a competent coaching staff. 

Personally I think there's an outside chance this watson situation blows up in the face of whoever gets him since the price was driven up so high. So this could benefit us indirectly. But we'll see!!

• Beer 3

2 hours ago, Panther'sBigD said:

True. But here's the key difference: You cared(not much, sure) enough about my complaint to respond to it. 

Tepper doesn't know you or I exist. He's not going to post a mea culpa and promise to do things the way you want him to. 

It's fun to banter back and forth but I'm the end Tepper probably doesn't give a rats ass what any of us think. Unless of course 1 million of us all feel the same way and stop watching, going to games, buying merc etc but we all know us little crumbs couldn't stand together with that much unity because we would all be busy arguing over dumb poo like politics or whether or not George Seifert was actually alive as he stood on the sidelines emotionless while he was coach.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, thefuzz said:

Why?  Because he's rich?

Business sense and common sense aren't the same thing. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1