• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

“Franchise QBs have no desire to sign with Carolina”

ncfan

1 hour ago, firefox1234 said:

We still haven’t shed the bad karma from how we failed to protect our last franchise QB. Cam may have forgiven us but the football gods aren’t as understanding…

This. I just think that if we can karmically repair what was done to Cam the football God will smile on us again.

We as a franchise have been in this situation before Jake after Jake, before Cam and now BY CHOICE after Cam.

Nobody wants to come here if they can choose a destination. Cam was chosen #1 by us karma blessed us after all the misery.

Not everyone agrees but those sensitive to universal vibes understand there is a debt to be paid to Mr Newton that you cannot overlook, his contract Mr Tepper owes the GOAT QB of the Carolina Panthers and stupidity refused.

To comply with universal code Ace Boogie must be redeemed!

Im Back Cam Newton GIF by Carolina Panthers

1 hour ago, firefox1234 said:

We still haven’t shed the bad karma from how we failed to protect our last franchise QB. Cam may have forgiven us but the football gods aren’t as understanding…

100%. Players around the league respect Cam and everyone saw how we treated him after carrying the franchise to new heights. Why would any QB want to play here when even a MVP 15 win season wasn’t good enough to win this organizations loyalty.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, stbugs said:

Yep.  We were stupid enough to ignore that we were in the driver’s seat for the best QB draft prospects in years and now here we are. 

We will probably go QB this draft, it will be a disaster and complete the full set of Panthers Tepper/Rhule terrible QB choices.

I am pretty much expecting that. Or maybe we will double down on trading a shitload of draft capital for a QB like Jimmy G.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Whatever we done will be a disaster. We just keep trying to spend our way to competitiveness and that never works. If you can’t build a core during the draft, FA splurges just keep you limping along. You can augment with FA, but we still don’t even have a QB.

I am just looking forward to the post-Rhule era. If we can somehow get a good coach, maybe Tepper's impulsive nonsense can get tempered. If not, I will just circle back when Tepper moves on.

I understand being upset about handling Cam a little but let’s be honest, he was not a franchise QB at the time. His shoulder was (and still is) shot. I like the guy but let’s be realistic. We got criticized for hanging on to guys too long now we’re getting criticized for letting people go. As for Wilson, the guy’s past 30. I’d want to go somewhere ready to win now. We’re not completely there yet. Everyone needs to chill. Not everything is about Tepper and Rhule.

2 minutes ago, Tarheel119 said:

I understand being upset about handling Cam a little but let’s be honest, he was not a franchise QB at the time. His shoulder was (and still is) shot. I like the guy but let’s be realistic. We got criticized for hanging on to guys too long now we’re getting criticized for letting people go. As for Wilson, the guy’s past 30. I’d want to go somewhere ready to win now. We’re not completely there yet. Everyone needs to chill. Not everything is about Tepper and Rhule.

As it’s been said to death by now. The only issue wasn’t Cam’s departure, it was what took place following it. Giving Teddy 20m/yr then paying another team to get rid of him, only to give draft picks for Darnold and exercising his option. Which has put as where we are…

The heat the Rhule and Tepper are getting is very much well deserved until they can show us otherwise.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Tarheel119 said:

Donald Trump GIF by reactionseditor

If your shoulder is shot you are not playing in the NFL like Cam did for New England or Carolina last season. If so we could all come off our couch and play for one of thirty two NFL teams in the world and Seattle wouldn't be calling NOW. 

STOP FAKE NEWS!

12 minutes ago, stbugs said:

If his shoulder wasn’t shot then he’s now a terrible QB. 12 TDs, 16 INTs, @70 passer rating and 60% completion passing over 3 years and a 7-13 record is not good if your shoulder is healthy.

Cam’s done guys. Sucks, but it’s true.

He's not "done" he's the same guy and could apparently get another job tomorrow because of what he showed us last season off his couch. 

He's done, he's done, he's done, again you are wrong the guy is early not late thirty and is in excellent shape and health as proven last year.

Yeah, you hope he's done so you can finally be right but until he gives up or gives out you'll continue to be...

Loop Trump GIF

you guys are creepy good lord it’s been three years…it’s not cam get over it

it’s coming to play for a college coaching treating men like pee wee football and backing it up with 5 wins

this is business, you just don’t volunteer to be lead by a fugtard that has no idea what he’s doing, it will literally derail your career and you will digress…it’s literally the blueprint example the Browns have set for decades despite how they treated players

• Beer 1