• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rumor: Honey Badger to Panthers?

Zod

21 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Which i still don't understand.  If we considered him a franchise QB, I don't understand why we wouldn't fully guarantee those years.  But thats above my pay grade.

I think fully guaranteeing his previous contract would have made sense but the browns tacked on nearly 80m more AND fully guaranteed all of it.  I can get the reluctance.  However it wouldn't have shocked me if we had done that.

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

How does he mentor him? Mathieu and Woods would start, so where is Chinn going to play or are we again signing big deals for backups? This one doesn’t make sense to me unless Chinn is bulking up to be a LB and then Mathieu isn’t a mentor either. 

Id assume Chinn will play the monster back role in the defense. 2 linebackers with Chinn

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

He definitely didn't want to come here.

Remember when we heard Fitts wanted to talk to Cam before free agency? How does him knowing Watson come in? Does Cam want to come back to the Panthers to win the weakened NFCS? Remember what Cam said about standards last year. Aside from QB it seems Fitts has put things together in free agency for that last piece. QB1 we won't be without for long and if you ask me I'd rather have a FA QB that has played in the Superbowl, won Championships. The odds of that person doing it again is greater than anybody's next great QB.

Maybe he knew Cam may not be able to turn down an offer from the Panthers and his decision was not to step on big bro's toes.

Edited by rippadonn
  • Pie 2