• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is drafting a QB the plan now?

AU-panther

27 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

No. The plan is to not have to force a pick for a specific position. This gives Carolina the full panoply of options. I still believe they would like to trade down if the right deal is there, but this opens them up to take a pass rusher, a tackle, a quarterback, or yes, a cornerback depending on the value. 

Why in the world would they take corner 2 years in a row? A lot of people still question the pick last year.

18 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I have to agree with you on this. But all bets are off with Rhule making the call. 

Despite the language of Rhule's contract about having final say, the feel of this offseason is that the adults are in charge, i.e. Fitterer and Morgan.  I like the FA signings thus far, especially the commitment to the Oline.  If my speculation is correct, Tepper has clipped Rhule's wings and letting real football people do their job.  

9 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Why in the world would they take corner 2 years in a row? A lot of people still question the pick last year.

You have to start two, and basically three, in today's nickel-heavy NFL. I'm not saying it should happen, but it's in play, especially if they don't bring back at least one of Jackson/Gilmore. 

38 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

There’s not a QB in this class that helps Rhule win now which is what he will need to do to save his job.

It’ll probably be Minshew or Jimmy G leading the offense which is whatever… but on the other hand, drafting Cross, Ekwonu, or Neal at six and having a line of… Cross/Ekwonu/Neal - Christensen - Bozeman - Corbett - Moton is something to be excited about.

So more trash QBs. Just draft one for god sakes 

15 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Imagine him with a huge OL, CMC, Moore, and our 2 TE set of Tremble/Thomas (who are both solid at blocking) 

Willis is raw as hell which makes me think they won’t draft him if rhule is indeed on the hot seat. Pray they don’t draft pickett.