• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is drafting a QB the plan now?

AU-panther

pure speculation on my part

Does the Bozeman signing provide a clue?

After the Corbett signing I was thinking an O-line like this: LT(pick 6), BC, Elflein, Corbett, and Moton.  Was actually pretty happy about this.

After the Bozeman signing though maybe the line looks like this:  BC, Elflein, Bozeman, Corbett, and Moton.  What is the chance we have convinced ourselves that BC is "good enough" that we can now use the first pick on a QB?

Showing progress with a rookie QB would definitely be one way to keep your job, and they have definitely spent some resources on the O-line to help whatever QB succeed.

Like I said this is all just speculation, maybe they just move Elflein to a backup job, maybe the line will be LT(pick 6), BC, Bozeman, Corbett, and Moton.

• Pie 1

If that truly is what they want to roll with, I hope we decide to take an Edge rusher or some other position and not a QB.  None of these jabroni ass QBs are worth the 6th pick in the draft.  They would be Day 2 picks in any normal QB year. 

• Pie 1

There’s not a QB in this class that helps Rhule win now which is what he will need to do to save his job.

It’ll probably be Minshew or Jimmy G leading the offense which is whatever… but on the other hand, drafting Cross, Ekwonu, or Neal at six and having a line of… Cross/Ekwonu/Neal - Christensen - Bozeman - Corbett - Moton is something to be excited about.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, joemac said:

If that truly is what they want to roll with, I hope we decide to take an Edge rusher or some other position and not a QB.  None of these jabroni ass QBs are worth the 6th pick in the draft.  They would be Day 2 picks in any normal QB year. 

I have to agree with you on this. But all bets are off with Rhule making the call. 

• Pie 2

I don’t think they sign these guys to short term contracts with the idea of having a transition season with a rookie QB. Tepper isn’t going to care if we go 8-9 with a rookie QB. He wants a winning team. Why else would they consistently look to give up draft capital for established QBs?