• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers NOT signing another safety? Or just not Tyrann Mathieu...

SgtJoo

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Go back and watch Kam Chancellor on Seattle. That's the blueprint for how we should be using Chinn.

Yeah.. he had Bobby Wagner and K.J. Wright eating up all his blocks.. we don’t have that.

As our current roster stands he’d be a better fit at LB unless we land an elite OLB.

I’m not saying he can’t play SS because you are 100% right, most of his coverage struggles were from playing deep. I just don’t think with our current personnel it uses his talent the best.

What we’ll see is Chinn making tackles 5 and 6 yards down the field.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Beer 1

11 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Yeah.. he had Bobby Wagner and K.J. Wright eating up all his blocks.. we don’t have that.

As our current roster stands he’d be a better fit at LB unless we land an elite OLB.

I’m not saying he can’t play SS because you are 100% right, most of his coverage struggles were from playing deep. I just don’t think with our current personnel it uses his talent the best.

What we’ll see is Chinn making tackles 5 and 6 yards down the field.

You think he'll have to take on fewer blocks at LB than at SS?

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You think he'll have to take on fewer blocks at LB than at SS?

It’s not about him taking on blocks, it’s about where he’ll be making the tackle.

In a perfect world we have Luke and Shaq playing LB and Chinn coming in at SS.

Currently we don’t have an elite OLB which will allow teams to run it down our throat. At SS, Chinn would be making all of the tackles five yards down the field. At LB, there’s at least a chance for a TFL or limiting the RB to a short gain.