• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers closing in on Duane Brown

Jmac

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm not talking about missing games, I'm talking about rapidly decking physical ability.

Lol he would instantly be the best LT we have had since Gross. He is still performing at a high level and is fairly dependable overall. He performed well last season even though the remainder of the line was garbage (see Motons performance this year with terrible play across the rest of the line). It would be a very short term contract so I see no harm here in upgrading a position that is currently in the tank. It would give us a ton of flexibility in the upcoming draft and really shore up our team other than QB and head coach, we seem to be solid across the board with a singing like this.

Edited by WarPanthers89
  • Pie 2

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I think they’ll let him reach otherwise why keep him? If we’re content with Darnold and another losing season then why not bring in a coach who can start to build his team for 2023?

Rhule is fighting for his job and he’s going to do everything to try and save it, even if it’s reaching for a QB.

Not sure but wasn’t Rhule forced to get some staff with nfl experience this offseason ? If so they’re already handcuffing him to an extent.

Rhule has had his chances at qbs, he made his bed, I believe if we truly believe we were a qb away, DW would be a panther, but if we weren’t willing to spend the assets and money on a certified franchise qb, I have to believe they won’t let Rhule waste the #6 pick on an attempt to save his job, at least I’m hoping not. 

a healthy dose of cmc and a upgraded o line imo will yield a better chance of winning than reaching on a qb that normally wouldn’t be pick until the 2nd or 3rd rounds in other qb draft classes.

now I could be wrong on the qbs this draft but I don’t see none of them drastically changing our next season outcome. 

7 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Lol he would instantly be the best LT we have had since Gross. He is still performing at a high level and is fairly dependable overall. He performed well last season even though the remainder of the line was garbage (see Motons performance this year with terrible play across the rest of the line). It would be a very short term contract so I see no harm here in upgrading a position that is currently in the tank. It would give us a ton of flexibility in the upcoming draft and really shore up our team other than QB and head coach, we seem to be solid across the board with a singing like this.

That's what you hope. Or he could show up looking 37 years old.

1 hour ago, Actionman0z said:

I don’t think that’s the case at all. Get Brown, and Cross at 6 learns from the best elder statesmen for a year. And then you have a LT for the next 10-15 years 

Bro what cross isn't a qb 😹 if you're taking a tackle at 6 he better be a day 1 starter lmao