• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Malik Willis Pro Day

4 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

there are metrics out there that are based on percentage of pressures that results in sacks, the number of pressures or how good or bad the O-line is therefore irrelevelent.

For example:

QB A is pressured 100 times takes 20 sacks.

QB B is only pressured 60 times but takes 15 sacks.

QBA at first glance gets sacked more but in reality QB does a worse job of avoiding being sacked.

Agreed, but if you are constantly getting pressured with little help it makes the QB try too hard to make a play.  That's what I was referring to with "hero ball."  It creates forced throws and QBs trying to run around and make something out of nothing which can lead to more sacks.  Howell showed some of this last year, because it was the only way his team really had a chance.  Run around trying to dodge defenders and throw to guys who aren't open. There is no doubt it has created some bad habits that can hopefully be coached out of him.  Leaving the pocket too early, forcing throws, and running around holding the ball too long resulting in sacks are all habits I'm sure he has developed. Even when they actually have blocking their internal alarms are going off from the previous instant pressures. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Panthers Rhule said:

It means don't trust OSU with your QBs. 

I think it means college coaches don't know what they have on hand or players mature and develop as their careers go on. Remember even Cam couldn't sniff the field behind The Golden Calf of Bristol but that doesn't mean he was the better passer or qb.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

I think it means college coaches don't know what they have on hand or players mature and develop as their careers go on. Remember even Cam couldn't sniff the field behind The Golden Calf of Bristol but that doesn't mean he was the better passer or qb.

Not QB, but I remember UT had Alvin Kamara on their bench behind Hurd (who tried to play TE later).  

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Not QB, but I remember UT had Alvin Kamara on their bench behind Hurd (who tried to play TE later).  

Well before that kamara had to transfer from Alabama. He signed with them and was behind T.J. Yeldon along with three future NFL stars in Derrick Henry, and Kenyan Drake.

Anyways, it was a hell of a pro day. All of our guys where pretty happy with what they saw, including  Rhule. 

Yes, the kid is a project, as are most QBs. 

A lot of comparisons to Steve McNair. 

That would be pretty bad ass. 

That being said,  I'm with Scot, on we need a LT. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

11 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Anyways, it was a hell of a pro day. All of our guys where pretty happy with what they saw, including  Rhule. 

Yes, the kid is a project, as are most QBs. 

A lot of comparisons to Steve McNair. 

That would be pretty bad ass. 

That being said,  I'm with Scot, on we need a LT. 

It's going to be interesting. Sounds like we are going to have to fight the Steelers for him or hope they don't jump us. The options at 6 get more and more interesting. Pickett and Willis I think have solidifies themselves as top 10-12 picks at minimum.