• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Corral Pro Day Today

ForJimmy

8 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

People keep saying to get an LT. So are we giving up on BC? 

Rhule wants him at guard. It's not our call dude. He's also our only competent LT but apparently not in the running for the franchise LT spot, according to Rhule. We need a franchise LT and are sitting pretty in the draft to get one. Not a single qb in this draft is rated higher than the top 3 LT's much less in top 10.  Need I say more?

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 2

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

Yeah he has a Zach Wilson body type. 6 3 205. Problem with him is his playing style. He will get fuged up in the nfl if he continues to lower his shoulder. He’s too small. He is very talented tho.

His style of play does not seem like it will translate to the next level or will hold up past 6 games.  Malik has that Steve McNair lower body and does not take the same hits Matt Corral does. 

1 minute ago, TANTRIC-NINJA said:

His style of play does not seem like it will translate to the next level or will hold up past 6 games.  Malik has that Steve McNair lower body and does not take the same hits Matt Corral does. 

Yeah and theoretically you could coach him out of that but sometimes that type of poo just stays with players. He will get hurt quickly if he continues that. 

2 minutes ago, XClown1986 said:

If any QB in this draft comes to the Panthers, I would be most excited for Corral. He needs a year in a pro weight training program to help his build, but he has everything you want, otherwise.

See, that's what scares me about these college guys.

That's why I prefer guys like Trask for example 6'5" 240lbs. It's the NFL, your gonna need every bit of size and weight.

24 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Somebody is going to get a really good QB for pennies on the dollar. If you draft Strong who is not being talked about or hyped at all and has the most boom potential as a NFL starter at say late 20's into the early second THAT rookie contract is going to be GOLD.

He's not getting slobbered on so a contender is going to pick up this kid and will have gotten the diamond in this rough QB draft and will dominate with him.

Strong 2022!

I was really surprised at the reports that he interviewed so poorly from a maturity and knowledge standpoint but that could also be teams trying to downplay that they like him. If it’s not a smokescreen and he has neg that on top of his lack of elusiveness and injury history, he could be a 4th-5th rounder when all is said and done.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

See, that's what scares me about these college guys.

That's why I prefer guys like Trask for example 6'5" 240lbs. It's the NFL, your gonna need every bit of size and weight.

QBs are coached to protect themselves and the physical development is essential when they get to the NFL. I prefer a bigger guy too, but I'll take Patrick Mahomes or Russell Wilson over Brock Osweiler or Mike Glennon. Talent trumps size in some cases.

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, davos said:

I was really surprised at the reports that he interviewed so poorly from a maturity and knowledge standpoint but that could also be teams trying to downplay that they like him. If it’s not a smokescreen and he has neg that on top of his lack of elusiveness and injury history, he could be a 4th-5th rounder when all is said and done.

I'd spend a late first, high second on him and be the winner. 70% completion percentage is a hard thing to do in any league and to do it twice means YOU ARE SPECIAL. That's Drew Brees level efficiency. I'm a fan of Chargers Drew. Efficiency was his game, especially in the dirty NO so I'm high on that as far as QB success it's a benchmark.

Those interviews mean nothing though. It's what you've done on the field.

4186yrds 36tds 8ints 70%completion percentage says STAR all day. He's the dark horse.

I actually have the balls to say he's my QB1 this draft. His arm confidence is unworldly AND he put up THOSE numbers on one leg basically.

Strong 2022.

Edited by rippadonn

19 minutes ago, XClown1986 said:

QBs are coached to protect themselves and the physical development is essential when they get to the NFL. I prefer a bigger guy too, but I'll take Patrick Mahomes or Russell Wilson over Brock Osweiler or Mike Glennon. Talent trumps size in some cases.

Omg! Dude was soft. People underrate toughness.

Cam is one of those, takes a licking and keeps on ticking. Bigger, stronger, faster.

We all know his injury came trying to cover for KB that game, not by the hand of foes.

Edited by rippadonn

54 minutes ago, Growl said:

you never settle for a lesser graded talent at that position

you do it for OT because a “good” OT is winning you just as many games as a “great” and the extra 1st or 2nd is worth it 

you never settle for a lesser QB

Who says they have Corral graded less though?   I only want to take a qb if the GM and scouts are really sold on one and I definitely want it to be whichever one they rare the highest.  Not the best value.  I do think there is a chance they could have Corral ranked the highest possibly though.