• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scouting reports for the top three quarterbacks

Verge

I think there are really two reason why this is considered a "weak" class. One, because last year's class was so strong on paper. Two, because there's no slam dunk top prospect in this class. There's no Andrew Luck or Trevor Lawrence who checks all the boxes. There are some good prospects in this class but they all have question marks. Hell, that's a normal class. If you give me a third reason, it's because last year's strong class on paper didn't exactly light the world on fire on the field as rookies.

• Pie 7

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think there are really two reason why this is considered a "weak" class. One, because last year's class was so strong on paper. Two, because there's no slam dunk top prospect in this class. There's no Andrew Luck or Trevor Lawrence who checks all the boxes. There are some good prospects in this class but they all have question marks. Hell, that's a normal class. If you give me a third reason, it's because last year's strong class on paper didn't exactly light the world on fire on the field as rookies.

The hype train for these kids is in full steam. The media and the players agents are earning their money that's for sure. It get clicks and fans dreaming of highlights and championships. 

I just hope our decision makers have tuned that crap out. 

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Excuse me but your top 3 list is missing the #1 QB Carson Strong.

JKJK Appreciate everything you contribute Verge, even if we disagree on Willis.

I could go on a tangent about Strong but we will save that until I produce his scouting report haha. I do not get peoples fascination for him at all. 

Good write up in all three and I hope you're right about them being better than advertised because it sure seems like we'll end up with one of them.

And I've said from the beginning that Willis is the most interesting prospect to me from this class and I haven't seen anything to dissuade me from that. 

Thanks for sharing it.

• Beer 1

Corral--threw a ton of int's two years ago; lots of injuries. Just don't see him as being worth no. 6.

Picket--small hands and a pretty low ceiling not making him worth a no. 6 pick

Willis--too short; hasn't proven he is ready mentally to go through projections; weak competition in an rpo offense; highest ceiling and highest probability to be a complete bust. Not worth no. 6 pick.

I would trade back and take a lt w/ first pick and a qb like the kid from UNC with the 2nd round pick obtained in the trade.  

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

Good write up in all three and I hope you're right about them being better than advertised because it sure seems like we'll end up with one of them.

And I've said from the beginning that Willis is the most interesting prospect to me from this class and I haven't seen anything to dissuade me from that. 

Thanks for sharing it.

I was talking about this with @Jared Patterson but if this team really wants one of the top two tackles as I suspect, what would be the best way to guarantee one of them drops to you? You bring the entire front office out to these QB workouts. I think if Ikem or Neal are there, that is who we will pick tbh.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1