• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold outta here?

Zod

1 minute ago, davos said:

His extension has hit a halt and I just don't think it's out of the picture for Baltimore.  I know he's their dude and former MVP, but is he worth the extension they'd be willing to give?

If everyone is on the table for a given price and we are really in on every deal, I'm calling them to see what their price is.  We have the moolah now to give any QB a huge freaking contract and pieces I can frankly see Baltimore coveting on our defense.  

Rivera tried that and ended up with Carson Wentz.

Regarding Darnold, he is in fact a negative asset.  But we pay him if we want to play him or not so wanted his contract off the books for this season tells me we're still positioning for something interesting.  I have no clue, could very well be Jimmy or Baker but I'd love to think it's something out of left field.

9 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

you still have hope?

Im living on the edge......I got weak during the Ian Thomas signing....took 24 to restore the little I had. Rhule 3rd year magic, saints&falcons look weaker......Tom can not play forever, one day hes going to wake up and not have the juice or get a bad injury. 

Good-great signing new coaching staff(upgrades across) and overall 1st wave FA class improved the squad. More improving can take place....  

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2

3 minutes ago, joemac said:

Well if we did get it we would obviously do a new contract to lower that by quite a bit

We could definitely get them to listen but we would have to give up one of our young defensive players. No more sweetheart Bill O Brien deals unfortunately lol.