• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Also, FWIW, Jonathan Alexander Doesn't Think It's a "Strong Possibility" That Cam is Coming Back

Proudiddy

I asked him on Twitter yesterday, and I was a bit surprised by his response in contrast to the rumors we were hearing that he already had an offer from us and was just waiting to let everything else play out...  the whispers in the other thread sounded like it was likely.  Can't say I blame Cam considering who we have as coach, but I would've loved to see what he could do behind a legit OL with a legit OC calling plays.

18 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

to be fair thats just a blue check mark's opinion

we like to use blue check mark's opinions around here like they are nuggets of fact when in reality these people don't know a whole lot more than we do. 

Ehh, Alexander seems to be pretty knowledgeable and I believe has a good "in" to Cam's camp.  If anything last week taught me, there's a whole lotta garbage on Twitter, and I lost a lot of confidence in what the blue checks are supposed to signify, but Alexander is a legit, very good reporter.

• Pie 2

Not at all surprising. The Washington game gave us hope. Sadly Cam was still bested by Taylor Heinecke and then the Dolphins game happened. It's time to acknowledge reality. But this team better continue to do right by Cam when the time comes. Which does not seem far off as I don't think he wants to be a clipboard holder. He has numerous off field opportunities ahead I wish him luck and success.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Everyone needs to understand Cam is not the same Cam. His career is probably getting close to being done. He don’t want to be a backup on a team not going to the playoffs. I could see him going to a contender to backup someone and have a chance at a SB. His time in Carolina is over, everyone else needs to see that.

Cam is awful…not sure why that’s so hard to accept

suuuuuurre he could prolly make something happen with some legit weapons, legit HC, legit OC, legit Oline, legit defense keeping him on the field, and refs who call fair games, no doubt.

but people need to realize the more you rack up all these requirements the less it sounds like he can still play because that’s just not reality

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

4 minutes ago, onmyown said:

suuuuuurre he could prolly make something happen with some legit weapons, legit HC, legit OC, legit Oline, legit defense keeping him on the field, and refs who call fair games, no doubt.

but people need to realize the more you rack up all these requirements the less it sounds like he can still play because that’s just not reality

You didn’t really say anything. Those are required for nearly anyone to “make something happen.”

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, frankw said:

Not at all surprising. The Washington game gave us hope. Sadly Cam was still bested by Taylor Heinecke and then the Dolphins game happened. It's time to acknowledge reality. But this team better continue to do right by Cam when the time comes. Which does not seem far off as I don't think he wants to be a clipboard holder. He has numerous off field opportunities ahead I wish him luck and success.

Teams were teeing off on our offensive line.  Once we were in obvious passing downs we didn't stand a chance with that line.   Cam still had the pocket awareness and tried to make thing happen but when those defenders are right on top of you there wasn't much he could do.  You make it sound as if the problem was Cam.  IT CLEARLY WASN'T HIM.  We all know this.

Comparing him to any opposing QB is ludicrous. 

Edited by DaveThePanther2008

17 minutes ago, onmyown said:

he's not awful, he's just not who he used to be. his running ability is still a great asset. if he was just used as a goal-line weapon he's still extremely effective.

3 minutes ago, hepcat said:

he's not awful, he's just not who he used to be. his running ability is still a great asset. if he was just used as a goal-line weapon he's still extremely effective.

as a qb he is awful. he is still not on a team for a reason, as the case was last year. no one in the NFL seems to need a good to great FA qb and/or extremely effective goal line weapon

i am sure there are a billion reasons and excuses for it no doubt tho

• Beer 1