• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft Countdown.com Carolina Panthers 7-round mock draft

TheSpecialJuan

O gotta admit--if we drafted Evan Neal, I would be elated--I want a QB because we need a QB, but I realistically know that the QB we'd draft has long odds to overcome--Neal is ready to be elite now.  Here is what you don't want to hear:  The pieces we have in place now will make Darnold better---does that mean he wins more games? I see us peaking around 9-8 if all goes well.

• Pie 1

People come up to me on the streets and ask, "MHS831, do you think Darnold will be the QB in 2022?"  I giggle, fake a deep thought, and then reply, "no."  I give Darnold a 50% chance of being on the roster.

True Story.

We just re-signed or extended Moore. I sensed a lot of frustration in Moore last year.  Would he have re-signed here without some assurances that we are getting a better QB?

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

People come up to me on the streets and ask, "MHS831, do you think Darnold will be the QB in 2022?"  I giggle, fake a deep thought, and then reply, "no."  I give Darnold a 50% chance of being on the roster.

True Story.

We just re-signed or extended Moore. I sensed a lot of frustration in Moore last year.  Would he have re-signed here without some assurances that we are getting a better QB?

He got paid pretty good, I used to think that mattered but it doesn’t. These guys just take the pay day and deal with it

Edited by BurnNChinn
  • Pie 1

2 hours ago, firefox1234 said:

Rhule should be forced to ride or die with Darnold and Henderson deals. 

Technically yes...but we can be honestly say nobody is actually going to be okay with sitting threw another 17 games of darnold. It just isnt gonna happen. This isn't the type of team and fanbase for that. 

22 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

If that ends up being our first 2 picks, the draft is a win. 

Not having a 2nd and 3rd suck, but franchise LT and hopefully our future center in the same draft? Gimme. 

Agreed. If donovan west is still there i prefer him over Lindstrom but hes mocked higher from what ive seen. Lindstrom is likely a two to three year development guy.

Edited by Panthero

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

O gotta admit--if we drafted Evan Neal, I would be elated--I want a QB because we need a QB, but I realistically know that the QB we'd draft has long odds to overcome--Neal is ready to be elite now.  Here is what you don't want to hear:  The pieces we have in place now will make Darnold better---does that mean he wins more games? I see us peaking around 9-8 if all goes well.

Neal is about the only player I would 100% would not take calls for. I got no clue why the recent "news" has him falling to panthers selection(other agents fake news?). Another hot tip MH, I now think one QB will be drafted before the panthers pick......micro chance at 2. Sauce is going top five as well, my god he is like a made up myth. Jags did tag Cam as well. All that helps the panther in landing a top fight LT. Issue is the package to trade back, sooo many teams have loads of draft capital. But Neal would be franchise changing type of pick, high %.... 

I still can not get over some team will draft a QB form this class in the top 5, going to be a crazy draft just like this FA. 

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Neal is about the only player I would 100% would not take calls for. I got no clue why the recent "news" has him falling to panthers selection(other agents fake news?). Another hot tip MH, I now think one QB will be drafted before the panthers pick......micro chance at 2. Sauce is going top five as well, my god he is like a made up myth. Jags did tag Cam as well. All that helps the panther in landing a top fight LT. Issue is the package to trade back, sooo many teams have loads of draft capital. But Neal would be franchise changing type of pick, high %.... 

I still can not get over some team will draft a QB form this class in the top 5, going to be a crazy draft just like this FA. 

I am with you---Willis could go to the Lions, Texans, or the #5 spot (because if he is still there, the Seahawks or the Steelers will trade up to get him before us.  Sauce, Hamilton, Hutchinson, Willis should go top 5--that leaves one pick not named "Neal" and he is ours for the picking.