• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft Countdown.com Carolina Panthers 7-round mock draft

TheSpecialJuan

1-6: Evan Neal, OT, Alabama

If Matt Rhule was flirting with unemployment, I could make an argument to take a quarterback here. Instead, I opt to go with the franchise left tackle. If not Evan Neal, I could see either Charles CrossIkem Ekwonu, or even Trevor Penning being an option at 6.

4-137: Alec Lindstrom, C, Boston College

The Panthers signed center Bradley Bozeman to a one-year deal. So, after 2022 the position could be open again. Lindstrom was very good at BC next to Zion Johnson. He could back up the interior spots in 2022 before possibly moving into the starting lineup next season.

5-144: Damarri Mathis, CB, Pittsburgh
Mathis had solid tape for the Panthers this year and followed that up with a so-so Senior Bowl. Then Mathis blew up his pro day. He is fast and explosive. Mathis would be a solid reserve corner to start with who can contribute more in a pinch

5-149: Markquese Bell, S, Florida A&M

6-199: Jerrion Ealy, RB, Mississippi

7-242: Keir Thomas, DL, Florida State

https://www.draftcountdown.com/2022-nfl-draft/team-mock-drafts/carolina-panthers-7-round-mock-draft/

1 hour ago, Panthero said:

Man really takes the wind out not having a 2nd and 3rd. 

Especially when the acquired players played like ass:  Henderson pff 50.7, Darnold QBR 33.2.

We need to stop thinking: "he was a first rounder, we can fix him".  It didn't work with Darnold, Henderson or Erving.  They pretty much did what they always did.

• Pie 1

24 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Another corner? Just how many corners do people think the Panthers need?

That said, I would not be shocked to see them draft another one.

If we take a corner at some point I’d have to think they aren’t liking the potential of Pride or Oliver-Thomas as a depth piece