• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Howell's Pro Day

Mr. Scot

2 hours ago, Catsfan69 said:

These idiots can't drive 2 hrs north?????

I might not be crazy about him but that's stupid. And people wanted to get on us about Jackson fng State? This is way more egregious. 

There was a required meeting for NFL coaches and some executives.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

To be clear, Nagy's tweet doesn't necessarily mean that Stewart is the only one there from the Panthers.

Now with that said, there's a pretty good chance that Fitterer and Rhule at least are at the owners meetings.

On the ACC network, they said Howell is going to throw again for people who could not make it due to the conflict.  Tomlin was mentioned as someone who wanted to be there.

Here is how I saw it (copied from a thread in the NFL Draft segment) 

So I watched Howell's pro day and I was impressed.  EJ Manual (Florida State around 2010-Buffalo Bills QB) seemed impressed with a lot of Howell's throws.  There was a meeting that caused head coaches to miss this pro day, so Howell is going to do another one.

The thing I like about Howell is his cool.  He does not get rattled.  He looked good under the simulated center---he can pass from the pocket, on the run, against his body, etc. and he is accurate with good velocity.  I was impressed with his footwork from under center. 

He does not have the quick release you see with Pickett or Corral, but he throws it 30 yards on a rope with no effort.  Looked like he flicked it 30 yards.

Comparisons:  The panel of ACC commentators compared Howell to Drew Brees, Russell Wilson, and Steve Young.  (I know).

Coach Mack Brown compared him to other players he has coached--and he came up with Colt McCoy.

I did not see a Panther rep in the crowd, but there was a conflict for coaches.  I can say that all 32 teams were present, but I saw multiple Steelers (pick 20) and Lions (pick 32) coaches standing behind him.  There was a comment about how Tomlin wanted to be there--

Frankly:  I cannot see that much difference between my top 4 QBs (I have not seen Ridder yet).  If we like Howell, it could be a trade back to about 12-18 and grab Howell.

Measurables:  Hand--9 1/8,  height: 6 ft.  weight: 224

• Pie 1