• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Obvserver’s Alexander interview with Fitterer

raleigh-panther

4 minutes ago, La Pantera said:

Not even close to the worst line panthers have had. Do you remember having shitty Dlinemen playing Online?

Sam is what he is at this point in his career. You don't need year FIVE to know this 

I'd happily take this OLine over what we ran out there last year:

LT - Byron Bell

LG - Andrew Norwell

C - Ryan Kalil

RG - Trai Turner

RT - Nate Chandler

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

I didn’t get that reading between the lines. He only mentioned a tackle as why someone mighty trade up.

If I’m reading between the lines I might say that his story about Wilson could mean that Howell (or Strong, ick) are targets. All of our interest in the other QBs might be a smokescreen. He said they stayed away from Wilson after seeing him a lot at the Senior Bowl.

Again, that’s an interpretation. Since we have pick 6 and no day two picks, not as much need to pretend versus a guy who was going to last into the 3rd.

Very keen insight.  He did not mention Howell, but he mentioned Ridder.  I think they saw Howell in Charlotte a time or two during the year.  Just speculation, but he could be the guy if we trade back.

Right now, DJ and Bucky have the top 3 Edge guys going 1, 2, 3.  That means Icky and Neal are probably next--so does a team want Sauce Gardner?  Willis?  etc.  We could trade back.

I see Seattle trading with the Giants to get Willis.  If so, that would leave Sauce and a top T.  We could trade back with that.  Watch Philly.  They may want to move up.

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

About those of you wanting a LT--me too, but BC can play there and our problems were mostly G/C issues. I think, when all is said and done, BC goes to LT and Bozeman and Corbett start with Paradis and Moton.  That is the OL.

Paradis isn't an NFL calibre player anymore. Hasn't been since his plane first landed in Charlotte. 

• Beer 2
  • Poo 1

8 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

About those of you wanting a LT--me too, but BC can play there and our problems were mostly G/C issues. I think, when all is said and done, BC goes to LT and Bozeman and Corbett start with Paradis and Moton.  That is the OL.

Paradise isn't on the team any longer. I assume you meant Elfien. My guess is..

Lt, BC

LG, Bozeman/Elf

C, Bozeman/Elf

RG, Corbett

RT, Moton

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, stbugs said:

If Elflein is LG with BC at LT, we won’t be running downhill or short yardage on the left side. It’s a lineup like this that still pisses me off that we didn’t take Trey Smith over a shitty long snapper.

Yeah. I'm hoping at worst we find a linemen to push Elf to the bench.

• Beer 2

23 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Paradis isn’t on the roster anymore 

2 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

He also just said they purposely avoided Russ in SEA after the Senior Bowl because they knew they were going to take him and didn't want teams picking up on it.

Hard to really evaluate anything draft-wise at this point.

Exactly...Scott Fitterer is playing his cards close to his vest so there is numerous ways the draft could go.

He said they interviewed Russell Wilson at the senior bowl, and then the combine, we kind of stayed away from him. We knew we were going to go down that road. And we just kind of played it really quiet with him and we took him. 

20 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

So, he was the guy that tried to talk someone else out of Wilson. That's great 

And proceeded to suck in every draft since, aside from Tyler Lockett who was a good pick. Tepper just heard the Seahawks name and was like oh yeah that's a good team must be a smart guy!

• Beer 1

46 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I would like to obtain a great quarterback and left tackle in the draft but it will be almost impossible to draft both.

I could live with the offensive line you mentioned in 2022 , so if we have a chance to take one of this years three top rated quarterbacks i feel we should.

Next year we may be drafting outside the top ten, so considering some teams will probably move down to take quarterbacks, this year may be the best time to draft one.     

• Pie 1