• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Charlotte Observer reports "there's a strong chance" QB Sam Darnold will be the Panthers' Week 1 starter.

TheSpecialJuan

1 minute ago, Growl said:

yeah, despite the attempt to move the goalpost in this thread, the point here is that there are actually people in the building, presumably influential people, who are still deluded enough to believe Sam darnold can be a great nfl QB (or worse, a “really competent who can execute the offense.”)

those people should be removed 

take a shtty qb...with a shtty WR...from a shtty team....Ur gonna get shttt..

Just now, CmC2k said:

I know just a reference to all the anti-Herbert takes at the time only for him to become a top 10 QB in his 2nd year, 

I didn't like him because of how OU used him. But I sure wish we had the chance to draft him.

That's basically what I mean though. Love 'em or hate 'em as prospects we'll all be a lot better off if we land a legit QB.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I didn't like him because of how OU used him. But I sure wish we had the chance to draft him.

That's basically what I mean though. Love 'em or hate 'em as prospects we'll all be a lot better off if we land a legit QB.

It was criminal how they limited him to only screens and half field reads at Oregon. I still though couldn't see how people thought Tua was better especially after the hip injury. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, CmC2k said:

It was criminal how they limited him to only screens and half field reads at Oregon. I still though couldn't see how people thought Tua was better especially after the hip injury. 

Exactly why I didn't like him as a prospect. None of what he did at OU translated to the NFL. I was concerned he was another Darnold.

23 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah. Nothing can turn a franchise around quicker than a great QB. There may or may not be one in this draft, but if there is and we miss him there will be some angry Huddlers. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If you want a LT, fine. But don't let it delude you into thinking a shiny new LT might make Darnold salvageable. Were you watching him? Most of his worst decisions come when he actually has the time to survey the field.

I want an LT and it's got absolutely nothing to do with Darnold or anything else having to do with this year. I'm writing this year off. LT is important this year only for providing a solid foundation for next year's coach and QB.

I don't want Darnold, but this team is determined to fug things up. Let them.

• Pie 3

12 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I want an LT and it's got absolutely nothing to do with Darnold or anything else having to do with this year. I'm writing this year off. LT is important this year only for providing a solid foundation for next year's coach and QB.

I don't want Darnold, but this team is determined to fug things up. Let them.

This guy gets it.