• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Next year’s QB crop is better. Let’s wait until then.

ncfan

Rhule is in no position to tank this year, look at the o-line additions and staff upgrades. 

His biggest hurdle(besides Darnold and his coaching inadequacies) is the schedule. He could literally coach like his life depended on it and still win three games.

• Flames 2

I did not want Fields at all last year. However I think it still might have been a better plan that the one we are currently on track for. Fields sitting for a year or even 2 would give us a better shot than Sam and the mystery pick. 

11 hours ago, frankw said:

There is no perfect year to draft a QB when you account for how important the position is now. We could already have Justin Herbert here but the FO wanted to invest in the defense that was gashed throughout last season. Now all we have left is jumping all over each other over whether to go LT or QB because this regime didn't even understand what a real rebuild was.

Justin Herbert was taken before our pick lol

I'm in the camp of OT, and it's not even close to being close.  These QBs utterly suck.  Their cons outweigh all their pros by leaps and bounds.  And the thing about it is, this OT class is super elite.  We might be looking at the best crop of OTs in modern draft history, perhaps ever.  One doesn't simply crap on that, and hand your card in to select a heavily over-hyped QB.  Especially not this team who has been OT deficient since freaking Jordan Gross retired. (Gross was above average, but he wasn't elite)  It's insane how good this OT class is.  You're talking perennial probowlers here.  The horror it would be for us to not get one of those guys.  It would be like passing up the chance to get Orlando Pace, Walter Jones, or Joe Thomas, in favor of drafting Brady "Motherlovin" Quinn.  It saddens me some of yall are still talking about these QBs.

12 hours ago, mc52beast said:

Rhule is in no position to tank this year, look at the o-line additions and staff upgrades. 

His biggest hurdle(besides Darnold and his coaching inadequacies) is the schedule. He could literally coach like his life depended on it and still win three games.

This guy is not lying. That Schedule is BRUTAL. 

8 hours ago, austin1227 said:

Justin Herbert was taken before our pick lol

7 hours ago, Pakmeng said:

Frank Frank Frank........integers my man.  6 is before 7 

It's called a trade up. Some folks here are practically allergic to franchise QB's. You deserve Sam Darnold 😂

12 hours ago, mc52beast said:

Lol so true. With our 2022 schedule, it may not be a choice of whether we tank or not.

The problem with this line of thinking is fans and tepper have forever and can wait til next year.... rhule who is on the hottest might not even have til mid season... he's on a win now or go home contract. He's got this season and what's in it now to make the playoffs.

If he has as much control as we think I wouldn't bet against him even leveraging some of next years draft capital to win this season.

Edited by micnificent28

smart teams strategically map out the future

we don’t have ammo because our FO doesn’t understand that

we spend capital for Darnold, for other players during the season, pass up better talent in the draft for more picks and go all D like this is some madden crap

our fans and organization cherish winning meaningless games and the end of a season at the expense of a franchise qb for the next decade because everyone wants to win and tanking is ‘fake’

our top minds suggest playoffs with Darnold after beating two god awful NFL teams and saints third string water boys…that’s says all you need to know about their ability, judgement and assessment of the NFL

its all about winning now, right this moment, it’s possible we just need this or that so let’s trade the future for this and that while running in a circle never going anywhere…that’s not how it works

that’s pretty much what I read as the OP

/rant

• Pie 2

47 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

The problem with this line of thinking is fans and tepper have forever and can wait til next year.... rhule who is on the hottest might not even have til mid season... he's on a win now or go home contract. He's got this season and what's in it now to make the playoffs.

If he has as much control as we think I wouldn't bet against him even leveraging some of next years draft capital to win this season.

Tepper should have gotten rid of his behind.  I hope he at least removed Rhule from having any real say in this year's draft.  A guy who is a lame duck should no longer be dictating the future of this team.  The way I see it, Darnold is his guy.  Ride or die!