• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitterer on trading out of the #6 pick

TheSpecialJuan

12 hours ago, mc52beast said:

He can trade back and still get a really good tackle if they don’t trust Brady. And if they’re determined to draft a qb they can do that as well. I feel like there’s no way Fitty stays at 6.

I also believe this.

I would be most surprised if they decided to stand pat at 6.

Then again @mrcompletely11said it best :  He is going to trade back for pennies on the dollar because he fuged up last year. 

The time to get a FRANCHISE OT(not just a Good OT but a FRANCHISE one) was last year.

This year whomever is coming out as OT won't be as good as the two OT's selected last year.

Fitterer has made more good trades than bad, IMO. He's not the problem.

To illustrate, please list the Panthers players who have improved while Rhule has been coach? I'll wait over here for your answer.

The Panthers needed a proven QB in order to make this "work" because developing their own wasn't likely. Now that they have a new staff maybe that changes, but Rhule is still calling the shots, so I'm not optimistic. This is why they went so hard after Watson and others but couldn't get it done. I still think they try to make a trade for one (Kyler Murray comes to mind).

So yeah, I'd rather they trade down and gather picks, but something tells me there's going to be some shenanigans during the draft.

No one knows what will happen, not even Fitt at this point.  Depends on how the board falls.  Heck the latest NFL.con mock has 3 QBs going in the top 5 due to trades by SEA and NO.  It’s so hard to tell until the moment the cards are turned in.  

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

No way.   He has made some really really bad trades.

Henderson

Darnold

All the trading down last year in the draft

Perryman

I dont trust this dude running jackshit yet

Henderson will prob turn out to be a good trade.  Perryman didn’t want to play here, so trading him and getting something in return was brilliant.  Also trading Greg Little when he shouldn’t even be on a roster was great.  His draft day trades were also solid.  

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

No way.   He has made some really really bad trades.

Henderson

Darnold

All the trading down last year in the draft

Perryman

I dont trust this dude running jackshit yet

Yeah all those years of hating Hurney has broken some folks. Now they will worship the first new guy that enters the building. This man thought it was a good idea to trade for Sam Darnold who has revealed himself to not only be a terrible quarterback but an entitled brat. At best you can give Fitterer an incomplete grade. Praise? No.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1

I like the idea of trading back but not sure it will be worth it. 

If they think BC is the answer I could see them trading back and picking up a QB and perhaps the best available lineman with the extra pick(s) whether that be G/C/OT. 
But my problem with that is what changed their minds between the short arm fiasco and now?  His arms did not have a growth spurt and there is not significant film to prove this out (I could be wrong).  Also, last year they thought Darnold was the answer at QB and it turns out not.
 Thinking and Hoping are two different things.  

24 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Henderson looked completely awful last year.

He gave up a few plays, but most were perfect throws that no one could cover against.  He also held his own at times.  He’s a young kid with a ton of potential who was learning a new system while dealing with an injury.  Besides, no one on our defense looked great last year.  Even Burns and Reddick had their fair share of screw ups

1 minute ago, Smithers said:

He gave up a few plays, but most were perfect throws that no one could cover against.  He also held his own at times.  He’s a young kid with a ton of potential who was learning a new system while dealing with an injury.  Besides, no one on our defense looked great last year.  Even Burns and Reddick had their fair share of screw ups

I saw the opposite. He pretty much looked like trash outside of a few decent plays. There were times when the opposing offense's entire strategy was "find Henderson and throw that direction".

• Beer 1

20 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I saw the opposite. He pretty much looked like trash outside of a few decent plays. There were times when the opposing offense's entire strategy was "find Henderson and throw that direction".

Pretty sure you meant to say “Donte Jackson”

4 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Pretty sure you meant to say “Donte Jackson”

Jackson is inconsistent for sure, but he has played at a MUCH higher level than CJ Henderson. Henderson has looked like a flat out bust through two seasons. He's basically Darnold at CB. Pure trash for the most part but every now and then he'll make a play that flashes his talent, but it's likely fool's gold in that pan.