• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dwayne Haskins struck by car and killed

Cdparr7

This is absolutely horrible.  Truly tragic.  So young, and from what I read, seemed like he was coming into his own with the Steelers.  Well-liked and had a chance to compete for the starting role this season.  And he was a beast in college...  

I read the updated story said he tried to cross the 595 interstate, and I just never understand that.  There is almost absolutely ZERO reason I would ever attempt to cross a interstate on foot, EVER.  And especially at night.  Walk along the shoulder until you get to an overpass if you have to get to the other side.  Not speaking ill of Haskins, but just with anything in life, if the risk far outweighs the reward, why do it?  It's so sad.  Thoughts with his family.  This sucks.

• Beer 2

42 minutes ago, YourLastThought said:

Yes, let's being color into it when no reason at all to shall we. Absolutely not one single mention of color in Brandt's very stupid shitty remarks. Basically he took a dump out his mouth and you followed up by taking a dump out yours. Only difference is that old fool is successful and you are not. Are you one of the tinderbox mafia? By all means head there and go join that circle jerk.

Nerd Alert GIF

• Beer 1
  • Poo 3

47 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

This is absolutely horrible.  Truly tragic.  So young, and from what I read, seemed like he was coming into his own with the Steelers.  Well-liked and had a chance to compete for the starting role this season.  And he was a beast in college...  

I read the updated story said he tried to cross the 595 interstate, and I just never understand that.  There is almost absolutely ZERO reason I would ever attempt to cross a interstate on foot, EVER.  And especially at night.  Walk along the shoulder until you get to an overpass if you have to get to the other side.  Not speaking ill of Haskins, but just with anything in life, if the risk far outweighs the reward, why do it?  It's so sad.  Thoughts with his family.  This sucks.

I don't get it either. Why even attempt to cross an interstate? Call a friend, call triple a, call an Uber and figure your car situation out tomorrow, heck doesn't the NFL have a hot line for this kind of stuff (mostly for being drunk tho).

Regardless tho RIP, prayers to the family.

• Pie 1