• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Christensen vs The Draft Prospects

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

What do you believe?

Very few people "in the building" have shown they know how to evaluate OLine talent given the 6-7 seasons -  look at the money wasted and lack of production.  If he is then great, it gives you a perceived flexibility in the draft - not proven - still a big risk.

But even if he is capable he is already a versatile guy who can play other positions - and given how shallow our OLine skills are the best option is probably still to take the best LT available and have an inexpensive, high performing OLine for 3-4 more years.

• Pie 5

I guess a better question might be if BC has the ability/trajectory to be an elite LG?  Or will he be a good enough tackle?  If he's looks like he'll be the same value as an OT or OG, then I still think you pick the better OL.  

I don't think you can hurt yourself as much if you pick the best LT prospect at 6.  If you WHIFF on a QB.... not only have you missed an elite LT, but you've also screwed up the QB position, again!

• Beer 2

I mean, he really didn't look like some stud even if they think he can play LT.  He seems like an alright, serviceable guy.  Long term depth swing lineman, filler LT starter.  

I'm all about it this way:

1. Icky Ekwonu/Charles Cross/Evan Neal

2. Trade Down (no lower than 18-20)

3. Garrett Wilson

4. Corral/Willis