• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers terminating Rock Hill project agreements

Dorian Gray

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Sure you do.

Yes, plays golf with my Dad.

In-between having lunch once a week with David Tepper, right?

No, never met him (but he was a customer of our firm).

(and dating Morgan Fairchild) 😐

Bizarre and weird, what's your problem? 🖕🖕

• Poo 1

4 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

The public funds are for the infrastructure. 

The more you know....

My take it was an agreement to reimburse Tepper for building the infrastructure the state would take over.  Otherwise they would get it for free, much like NC does on smaller developments.  Something on this scale is a small city.  The town would make money off the utilities and from taxes levied on everyone but Tepper. 

I'm sure I'm missing a lot of benefits to the county and state to line their pockets. But it's not unusual. 

• Beer 1

To be frank! The people with criticism of Tepper Sports & Entertainment for terminating the previous agreement have to realize before they can agree on a new proposal the previous has to be terminated! Terminating the previous agreement shows that Tepper/Tepper Sports & Entertainment is ready to sit-down and iron out a new agreement!

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, razorwolf said:

To be frank! The people with criticism of Tepper Sports & Entertainment for terminating the previous agreement have to realize before they can agree on a new proposal the previous has to be terminated! Terminating the previous agreement shows that Tepper/Tepper Sports & Entertainment is ready to sit-down and iron out a new agreement!

It’s the billionaire way of doing things. If you don’t like the first deal then just make a new one and screw some people over in the process to save a few dollars.

The blame game is now in full force. SC politicians are blaming Tepper for taking 80M of their money.  Called him a "narcissistic ego driven" owner who has billed the taxpayer's for 80 million.  This is going to get interesting. 

This was on the local SC news station just now.

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

19 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

The blame game is now in full force. SC politicians are blaming Tepper for taking 80M of their money.  Called him a "narcissistic ego driven" owner who has billed the taxpayer's for 80 million.  This is going to get interesting. 

There will be a lawsuit.  NFL has communicated many times prior that this is something they are trying to avoid.  I can assure you the NFL is looking into it as well.

Tepper has been a massive bust as NFL owner and has been clowned by reporters.

Edited by Ja Rhule
  • Poo 1

21 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I thought I read that SC has yet to pay a dime for the construction. How did Tepper steal their money? 

tone: honest curiosity 

11 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I thought I read that SC has yet to pay a dime for the construction. How did Tepper steal their money? 

tone: honest curiosity 

The SC legislator they stuck a microphone in front of said "they built an interchange to nowhere" so I assume it had to do with that. 

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

The SC legislator they stuck a microphone in front of said "they built an interchange to nowhere" so I assume it had to do with that. 

what a tough situation to judge... one hand you have a bullhorned billionaire, and the other shitty polticians. First one to leak the contract might be the winner of public opinion....

Any Rock Hill citizens on here with a close opinion to this? After all your voice does matter in this situation. 

9 hours ago, razorwolf said:

Bingo 👊

9 hours ago, BIGH2001 said:

It’s the billionaire way of doing things. If you don’t like the first deal then just make a new one and screw some people over in the process to save a few dollars.

Nonsense. 

He liked the 1st deal...but Rock Hill didn't follow through on their obligations. 

You completely misunderstood @razorwolf's insightful and accurate post.