• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers terminating Rock Hill project agreements

Dorian Gray

1 hour ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Did he?  I saw news articles stating that both the Panthers and Rock Hill wanted to host the NFL draft, but I haven't seen any news article stating that a promise was actually made by Tepper or the NFL.  

So Rock Hill decides to pay all of this money for a facility and gets nothing out of it? Sounds like a great deal for Tepper and the shaft for Rock Hill.

Rock Hill wasn’t going to give Tepper money to build his oasis just for shits and giggles. Promises were made to Rock Hill in some capacity and they probably weren’t going to be kept?

Do you normally give someone millions of dollars if there isn’t anything in it for you?

Edited by MillionDollarCam

These criticisms give me the same energy as people complaining about rich people taking advantage of tax breaks/loopholes on their personal/corporate income taxes.  Is it shady, or at the very least terrible optics?  Yeah, but the actual problem is with the economic and political systems in place that allow these things to happen.  Guys like Tepper (and every other billionaire) are just an inevitable byproduct of these corrupt systems.  People furious at Tepper are misdirecting their anger.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

These criticisms give me the same energy as people complaining about rich people taking advantage of tax breaks/loopholes on their personal/corporate income taxes.  Is it shady, or at the very least terrible optics?  Yeah, but the actual problem is with the economic and political systems in place that allow these things to happen.  Guys like Tepper (and every other billionaire) are just an inevitable byproduct of these corrupt systems.  People furious at Tepper are misdirecting their anger.

Tepper revenue stream comes from Charlotte.   Then he shits on local community.  Rule #1 in everything… you don’t poo where you eat.  Billionaire or not.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

I don’t have a problem with billionaires or how they take advantage of the system, after all, the system is corrupt as you mentioned.

I do have an issue with them looking for handouts and taking advantage of tax payers in their own fuging community.

How quickly we forget George Schinn.

It’s sad that some sheep can’t even see that there own money would have been used for Tepper’s project if they lived in York County…

New schools… nope… better roads… nope… a new place for Tepper to put his brass balls… cha ching.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 3

23 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:
1 hour ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Clearly so…

Yeah, that's...an incredibly stupid thing to say.

Can't say I'm surprised though 🙄

You have no understanding of the business of business…

…but if you want to take a stab at explaining why you feel this way the floor is yours 🫱🫱🫱…

28 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Why do you keep asking me what options there are?

Because you have an amazingly unique alternate reality that appears to avail you of info /concepts that supersede all traditional business norms and I figure if I ask you the right questions possibly I will learn something 🤔

27 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

So Rock Hill decides to pay all of this money for a facility and gets nothing out of it?

Simply stunning how much #FakeNews you are able to pack into one sentence…

…a skill level hitherto unknown to the people of this area but destined to take the place of the mudshark in your mythology 🙌👊.

Edited by SizzleBuzz
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 2

17 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I don’t have a problem with billionaires or how they take advantage of the system, after all, the system is corrupt as you mentioned.

I do have an issue with them looking for handouts and taking advantage of tax payers in their own fuging community.

How quickly we forget George Schinn.

It’s sad that some sheep can’t even see that there own money would have been used for Tepper’s project if they lived in York County…

New schools… nope… better roads… nope… a new place for Tepper to put his brass balls… cha ching.

I don’t blame Tepper for asking. I do blame the politicians for saying yes.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • The D 1
  • Flames 1

27 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Because you have an amazingly unique alternate reality that appears to avail you of info /concepts that supersede all traditional business norms and I figure if I ask you the right questions possibly I will learn something 🤔

Simply stunning how much #FakeNews you are able to pack into one sentence…

…a skill level hitherto unknown to the people of this area but destined to take the place of the mudshark in your mythology 🙌👊.

Intellectual words don’t mean much when you jumble them into a sentence yet the sentence is still incoherent.

37 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

You have no understanding of the business of business…

…but if you want to take a stab at explaining why you feel this way the floor is yours 🫱🫱🫱…

And you do? We are both clearly on a message board so you can drop the holier than though concept… Sorry to inform you, Tepper doesn’t need anymore yes men those positions are already filled.

1 hour ago, MillionDollarCam said:

So Rock Hill decides to pay all of this money for a facility and gets nothing out of it? Sounds like a great deal for Tepper and the shaft for Rock Hill.

Rock Hill wasn’t going to give Tepper money to build his oasis just for shits and giggles. Promises were made to Rock Hill in some capacity and they probably weren’t going to be kept?

Do you normally give someone millions of dollars if there isn’t anything in it for you?

So you don't have any evidence he promised they would get the NFL draft?  Fwiw, it would be a stupid thing for him to promise, and stupid for them to believe he could absolutely produce it.  He doesn't control where the NFL draft is held.  And the Draft is usually held in places like Las Vegas, NYC, Denver, and Cleveland.  Charlotte might have a shot.  Rock Hill, probably not.  

Don't get me wrong, the deal was probably a bad deal for Rock Hill from the beginning.  But if so, they should never agreed to it in the first place.  

Edited by Davidson Deac II
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

So you don't have any evidence he promised they would get the NFL draft?  Fwiw, it would be a stupid thing for him to promise, and stupid for them to believe he could absolutely produce it.  He doesn't control where the NFL draft is held.  And the Draft is usually held in places like Las Vegas, NYC, Denver, and Cleveland.  Charlotte might have a shot.  Rock Hill, probably not.  

Don't get me wrong, the deal was probably a bad deal for Rock Hill from the beginning.  But if so, they should never agreed to it in the first place.  

he doesn't, he has major talking out of ass syndrome

Also, I find it hilarious that some of the same people bashing Tepper here are Trump supporters in the tinderbox. Like bro, what

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, amcoolio said:

he doesn't, he has major talking out of ass syndrome

Also, I find it hilarious that some of the same people bashing Tepper here are Trump supporters in the tinderbox. Like bro, what

I haven’t stepped foot in the tinderbox and it’s easy to read between the lines in that Rock Hill was under the impression that this new venue would allow them to host the NFL Draft which is asinine.

https://www.fox46.com/news/u-s/rock-hill/documents-show-rock-hill-wanted-to-host-the-nfl-draft-more/amp/

“The Panthers and city leaders wanted to bring the NFL Draft to Rock Hill”

So at the very least it was talked about between Tepper and Rock Hill and Rock Hill obviously thought it was a possibility since they originally went through with the deal.

• Beer 1

I thought that there was a proposed big mixed use development around the Rock Hill facilities? Wouldn't that have been even more profit and taxes?

It was: When completed, the development will include restaurants, retail, a healthcare facility, apartments, hotels, trails, and office space.

I guess there was not enough profit in the apartments and such to make it worth the squeeze. Then again I wouldn't live in Rock Hill either. I also wonder how much the pandemic and economic downturn played a roll in the nuking of the project? 

• Beer 2