• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers terminating Rock Hill project agreements

Dorian Gray

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

Tepper knowingly and intentionally entered this deal with a city that everyone knew could face some hiccups/issues in regards to the project.  Was talked about before it ever started.    

and we don’t know the facts and talks yet between both parties.  It’s silly to go all in on a side being right/wrong IMO right now.  I suspect both will rightfully look bad in the end. 

All the info I’ve seen has been very consistent. I’ve heard a few York County councilmen admit that rock hill defaulted. That’s why york scrambled so fast to create a new deal last month.

This entire thing is simple. Rock Hill wanted the project, Covid hit, rockhill couldn’t pay.

I don’t think either side was up to something malicious, but contracts are still contracts.

• Pie 4

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

Huh? That’s not selective.  That’s just life/people.  

when this blows up officially….we get more info.  Because the hopes of completing it is gone from the equation. 

The safe bet is both sides look pretty bad in the end.  That ain’t radical or bias.   Some folks jumping way too quick on the it is ALL Rock Hill to blame and none to Tepper bandwagon. 

we still know very little.  Later we will know more.  It is what it is.  Seems knowing more would put us in better position to take a stand on this topic.   

Whatever

4 minutes ago, Tbe said:

All the info I’ve seen has been very consistent. I’ve heard a few York County councilmen admit that rock hill defaulted. That’s why york scrambled so fast to create a new deal last month.

This entire thing is simple. Rock Hill wanted the project, Covid hit, rockhill couldn’t pay.

I don’t think either side was up to something malicious, but contracts are still contracts.

Well there is info York County came in and had a deal the Panthers agreed to and that the Panthers told RH not to issue bonds.  That doesn’t sound consistent. 

RH is clearly going to be in the wrong.  I’m not willing to make Tepper an innocent victim at this stage though.

Just now, CRA said:

Well there is info York County came in and had a deal the Panthers agreed too and that the Panthers told RH not to issue bonds.  That doesn’t sound consistent. 

RH is clearly going to be in the wrong.  I’m not willing to make Tepper an innocent victim at this stage though.

The York county deal came in after construction stopped. They are upset because the panthers never responded to it.

The part about RH being told not to issue the bonds (1 year after the deadline btw) hasn’t been repeated. I saw the same thing but I think that was a quote from just one politician. No other confirmations on that.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just build it in Charlotte. If I were a player I wouldn't want to have to drive all the time to get to practice. I know RH is like ... right there, but if you can't go there or Fort Mill you may as well just keep it near BOA. Or by the lake. No clue where most players have their season house. Put it next to Carowinds. Turn it into an attraction like Orlando does.

It needs to be said this is not about the S.C. Fan base. This is about an agreement between two entities that one party did not live up to. This could have been any town (city) in N.C. That made the same agreement and reneged on. There is a reason the Panthers were named the “Carolina Panthers” and not the Charlotte Panthers. As someone who lives 120 miles from Charlotte, I have numerous friends who have PSL’s. The Panthers fan base needs this regional fan base for merchandising and many other reasons. The fact that the Panthers draw many fans from outside Charlotte proper is often overlooked. If Tepper Sports does eventually ask for funding for a new stadium I imagine the state of NC will be asked to provide some level of funding. Something to think about. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

17 minutes ago, CRA said:

Members of the Council.   They said the Panthers were brought and a deal was agreed upon.  Then the Panthers changed their minds on it and it never became formal. I

#FakeNews

Edit: I do see one quote where a person purportedly speaking on behalf the city said the Panthers “asked us to stop” the bond issuance…

…but that comment/position is completely illogical and has never been confirmed elsewhere.

I just don’t buy it. 

Edited by SizzleBuzz
  • Poo 2

22 minutes ago, Tbe said:

The York county deal came in after construction stopped. They are upset because the panthers never responded to it.

The part about RH being told not to issue the bonds (1 year after the deadline btw) hasn’t been repeated. I saw the same thing but I think that was a quote from just one politician. No other confirmations on that.

lot of stuff is just one guy saying it though.  

from what I read the Panthers were brought in and agreed to the deal YC made with them.   It wasn't just a proposal.  Then had a change of heart.  And never signed it. 

I'd like to know more about that before I give Tepper a total pass on this thing. 

• Pie 2