• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

JT O'Sullivan's 2022 QB Rankings

Ricky Spanish

2 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

When he makes these lists, it almost seems like he contradicts himself based on previous breakdowns, praises and criticisms. 

Either way, his breakdown videos themselves are top notch.

I agree.  I watch all his breakdown videos and they are great.    Then his comments and rankings dont line up with his comments in the individual videos at all.  I dont really get that part of it.  Also the shot at the panthers seems a bit misplaced.  On paper (which is all we can go by right now) our oline is well improved, CMC is healthy for now, we have a really solid wr room overall, and an OC that is known to be good for qbs.  I feel like his summary video is just parroting the mainstream media takes for some reason while his individual game breakdowns are much better.

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

I agree.  I watch all his breakdown videos and they are great.    Then his comments and rankings dont line up with his comments in the individual videos at all.  I dont really get that part of it.  Also the shot at the panthers seems a bit misplaced.  On paper (which is all we can go by right now) our oline is well improved, CMC is healthy for now, we have a really solid wr room overall, and an OC that is known to be good for qbs.  I feel like his summary video is just parroting the mainstream media takes for some reason while his individual game breakdowns are much better.

Exactly. After parroting the unnecessary Panthers diss that is making the rounds in the media lately I'm convinced he's media compromised.

That must be the prewritten narrative this year for all the talking heads. Blue man bad!

Malik willis is over hyped. Dude played in a sub par division and he still didn't amount to much. All he has is a huge arm and mobility. I just don't see it. People out here banking on hope and dreams, Potential and what might be rather than actual tangible things. He's a project no matter where he goes. I don't want this team to take him. I certainly hope they don't. Honestly I hope the steelers take him. That would be ideal for him and the steelers. 

• Pie 3

7 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Malik willis is over hyped. Dude played in a sub par division and he still didn't amount to much. All he has is a huge arm and mobility. I just don't see it. People out here banking on hope and dreams, Potential and what might be rather than actual tangible things. He's a project no matter where he goes. I don't want this team to take him. I certainly hope they don't. Honestly I hope the steelers take him. That would be ideal for him and the steelers. 

Why would it be ideal for the Steelers if you think he will flop?

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, stirs said:

If we have to stay at 6, the best bet is an OT.

At the end of the day, a FA QB would be more apt to come here next year and the QB choices are better.

Picking an iffy QB prospect to be beaten up gets us nowhere next year

I am inclined to agree if one of the top OTs is on the board. If Icky or Neal is there, it should be a no brainer. But, I do wonder if there is discussion of going with a rookie QB AND a FA vet and hedging their bets. 

I think, in this draft Strong and Corral are the only two I could see starting immediately. Willis will need time, leaving the SEC hurt in my book. Pickett took FIVE years to be good enough for the NFL draft, suspect.

Two years of maintained accuracy at %70 (Drew Brees level), 348yrds per game, 6'3+ 220lb, NFL size, Payton Manning high IQ reading and calling plays at the LOS out of college, Brett Favre level balls and gunbelt put Carson above Corral in ready to play day one status in my book. Those are elite QB traits. Maybe not dual threat traits but with 40 seconds left on the clock at the 30yrd line you want your pocket passer then don't you?

Is Joe Burrow a running QB? Is Stafford? Brady? 

Until after the draft, like when Hurney attended Justin Herbert's pro day early lockdown and I was heavily on the trade up bandwagon for Justin, or last year's official Parsons/Trask bandwagon that would have arguably fixed this franchise or this years Carson Strong 2022!, my fingers won't stop until we Make The Panthers Good Again!

MTPGA!

1 hour ago, Wolfcop said:

Why would it be ideal for the Steelers if you think he will flop?

I said he is a project. I never said he'd flop. Read it again and discern the sentiment bro. Steelers have TIME, they aren't in a rush to find that QB they have time to develop him. That's the point. Malik is a PROJECT, which i stated already. Panthers aren't in the same situation. 

• Pie 2

6 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I saw a stat on NFL Network that soured me totally on Kenny Pickett---his completion percentage was great (70%+, I think, going from memory) when throwing from a clean pocket.  In the NFL there are not many clean pockets--but it dropped to 46% when he had pressure.

Deal breaker for me---Do not want.

Yeah I saw those same statistics. They were from PFF. 

Willis:

PFF grade rank: 4
PFF adjusted accuracy % rank: 31
PFF big-time throw % rank: 1
PFF turnover-worthy throw % rank: 26
BTT/TWT rank: 5
PFF clean pocket rank: 14
PFF under pressure rank: 5
ESPN rushing QBR rank: 1
2021 dropbacks: 455

Pickett:

PFF grade rank: 1
PFF adjusted accuracy % rank: 4
PFF big-time throw % rank: 20
PFF turnover-worthy throw % rank: 14
BTT/TWT rank: 14
PFF clean pocket rank: 1
PFF under pressure rank: 16
ESPN rushing QBR rank: 9
2021 dropbacks: 581

Thanks to @Mr. Scot for linking these in a thread from a few weeks back.

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

I said he is a project. I never said he'd flop. Read it again and discern the sentiment bro. Steelers have TIME, they aren't in a rush to find that QB they have time to develop him. That's the point. Malik is a PROJECT, which i stated already. Panthers aren't in the same situation. 

As far as I'm concerned, the Panthers have time, too. That is an example of why Rhule should have little say so in who we draft. If Fitt and the personnel folks think Willis may be a star that takes a few years to develop, you have to consider him. Again, if one of the top OTs are there, that is still the common sense approach IMO. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, rebelrouser said:

Willis is a poor man's trey lance or jordan love.  He certainly won't be ready for '22 if ever.   The fact that this guy has Corral at 5 makes me think he is an idiot. I like Howell as a second round bargain but no way i would draft him before Corral. 

Last year Corral was supposed to be QB1 this year according to the media. What happened? Pickett has a career fifth year after a mediocre college tenure and Willis who left the SEC at times dominates weaker competition and all of a sudden they vault over more deserving, more NFL ready candidates. Corral is still smallish in my opinion but out of all the undersized QBs in this draft his skill set and accuracy make him a guy you could take a chance on.

20 hours ago, rippadonn said:

I think, in this draft Strong and Corral are the only two I could see starting immediately. Willis will need time, leaving the SEC hurt in my book. Pickett took FIVE years to be good enough for the NFL draft, suspect.

Two years of maintained accuracy at %70 (Drew Brees level), 348yrds per game, 6'3+ 220lb, NFL size, Payton Manning high IQ reading and calling plays at the LOS out of college, Brett Favre level balls and gunbelt put Carson above Corral in ready to play day one status in my book. Those are elite QB traits. Maybe not dual threat traits but with 40 seconds left on the clock at the 30yrd line you want your pocket passer then don't you?

Is Joe Burrow a running QB? Is Stafford? Brady? 

Until after the draft, like when Hurney attended Justin Herbert's pro day early lockdown and I was heavily on the trade up bandwagon for Justin, or last year's official Parsons/Trask bandwagon that would have arguably fixed this franchise or this years Carson Strong 2022!, my fingers won't stop until we Make The Panthers Good Again!

MTPGA!

honestly if the team passes on a QB again because they think they can just go “get their guy” next offseason, I’ll be actively pulling for them to miss out.

tepper and fitterer being forced to choke down the humble pie would be better for the long term health of the team, it’s the same arrogance that led to them being humiliated by Watson (and stafford, and others) over and over.

this delusion that they can just have their cake and eat it too, that when the time comes they can just go do whatever they want, and they might as well draft a “safe” CB or OT or X or Y, it’s been the bedrock of their humiliation for a while now.

if the thought process is “wow cj stroud, that’s it, I’ve decided, HE is OUR GUY, CJ Stroud is a panther everyone, let’s just be patient and PREPARE THE ROSTER” then I will earnestly be hoping cj stroud goes one pick ahead of them to the Falcons and that this team is imprisoned in the stench of their own self made failure because they will absolutely deserve it.

At some point you have to stop wallowing in the delusion and the ego and you have to play the hand your dealt, it doesn’t matter what jimmy blogposter says about QB X-you have to join us back in reality and make decisions from that foundation.

Edited by Growl
  • Pie 2
  • Poo 1