• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Say we roll with Darnold

17 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Agree…but taking one of this rookies probably resets this clock.  Sam is more experienced and much more proven than any of these guys.  That is a fact.

I said most of last season…I want to see this team with a good OL and a decent OC.

Well, I endorse our QBs being Sam and PJ this season.   I don’t want them to draft one. 

I want a decent HC and I want him to draft a QB.  Build the OL

10 minutes ago, Call Me James said:

Didn't Sam already say he thinks he's proven that he's a nfl starter?Meme Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I believe he said he has proven he can play QB at a high level.    If the worst starter over the last 4 seasons says that then it is cherry pick city…

so let’s just do it with PJ and call him the GOAT

• Beer 1

37 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Look we still have not seen Sam Darnold behind a decent OL and with a decent offensive coordinator.  Forget no CMC which saw his production drop  bigtime when he went down.  

I can’t see a serious argument on this

Sam Darnold could still be very good with the supporting cast.  

Stop It Michael Jordan GIF

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

14 hours ago, Shocker said:

I don’t think Sam is some terrible guy that collects a paycheck.  Really demeans how hard he works.  Maybe he isn’t a great QB but he works.  So sick of people shetting on him when he can’t control the situation 

It really is too bad that folks on here have fallen to this level. The negativity has gotten so toxic, that if you say anything positive at all, you get shitt on by all the cool kids.

I am interested to see how he can play behind a good Oline, (If we draft a T that would help.), a capable OC, and an Oline Coach that knows what he is doing.

• Pie 1

46 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

It really is too bad that folks on here have fallen to this level. The negativity has gotten so toxic, that if you say anything positive at all, you get shitt on by all the cool kids.

I am interested to see how he can play behind a good Oline, (If we draft a T that would help.), a capable OC, and an Oline Coach that knows what he is doing.

I have my doubts that the offensive line will matter much.  If you take a look at most of his picks last year, they happened when he had time, he just made terrible decisions.  At times, it seemed he played better under duress.  

3 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I have my doubts that the offensive line will matter much.  If you take a look at most of his picks last year, they happened when he had time, he just made terrible decisions.  At times, it seemed he played better under duress.  

When you are expecting the world to come crashing down on you. Is there really such a thing as a safe place? 

• Beer 1

56 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

I just don’t see it man. As was said above he had a good line in college and he was still a turnover machine.  
If he somehow improves with a good line and realizes his potential it would be the first time I ever saw anything like that happen. 
Darnold is who he is. If he needs everything to be perfect for him to play well then he isn’t very good. 
Play well despite the deficiencies of your team and then I’ll be impressed.  

Edited by TLGPanthersFan

On 4/20/2022 at 5:11 PM, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Of course, but what would you do going into 2023.  Sam would be up for a new contract.  Do you give it to him with the fear he reverts back to his 2021 season lingering or do you let him walk and we go elsewhere for QB.

Sam would have to play like the second coming of Joe Montana for me to resign him to a big contract. Squeaking us into a wildcard spot behind a much improved line would make me consider signing him to a team friendly deal, as a back up/mentor, but I'm still looking to draft a QB in 2023.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I just don’t see it man. As was said above he had a good line in college and he was still a turnover machine.  
If he somehow improves with a good line and realizes his potential it would be the first time I ever saw anything like that happen. 
Darnold is who he is. If he needs everything to be perfect for him to play well then he isn’t very good. 
Play well despite the deficiencies of your team and then I’ll be impressed.  

You are not going to get through.

11 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

When you are expecting the world to come crashing down on you. Is there really such a thing as a safe place? 

If he is looking for safe, might want to go with another profession.  🙂

If it is a fear thing, then he is going to have to overcome it.  I doubt he will, but we will see.  But if it's simply a "he makes bad decisions" problem, the greatest oline in history won't be able to help him.