• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are you excited about the draft

Ja  Rhule

Are you excited about the draft?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Are you excited about the draft?

• Let’s f go!!!
    • I’ll watch it maybe if nothing else on TV
    • I’ll pass this year
    • I never watch that crap

8 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

Isn’t it funny how there seems to be an inverse relationship between how excited/interested you are in the team, vs. how much of your life you spend posting about them on the Huddle? The Huddlers who are the most vocal about how over the team they are, are the ones posting hundreds of times a day here.

Maybe. I don't know that I've ever spent so little time reading the Panthers forum. I don't have any actual data to back that up but just a feeling after popping in, seeing threads about Anderson social media, Panthers fluff pieces, rookie QBs, etc, and thinking 'nah'. Mostly come back to check out the Ukraine thread these days.

We'll see what happens after this week though, as Fitterer and the FO do deserve a bit of credit for making some actual NFL-caliber FA signings this offseason instead of wasting Day 1 FA money on 'versatility'.

• Beer 1

11 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

Isn’t it funny how there seems to be an inverse relationship between how excited/interested you are in the team, vs. how much of your life you spend posting about them on the Huddle? The Huddlers who are the most vocal about how over the team they are, are the ones posting hundreds of times a day here.

Which ones? I want you to call them out instead of passive aggressive post.

17 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I am sort of expecting the worst at this point. My fear is that we will have multiple good choices at 6 and choose none of them.

I can see that, my hope is they find a very good trade back haul. Use the mid-first on a falling LT or edge......If one of the QB is still around come 2nd, ugh go ahead.....But Im a pure BPA draft guy. Id honestly wish they by-pass the QB and just go heavy lineS, one MLB, and one TE. 

I hope they surprise you, I feel there are 3 offers to trade back and phillys is the best.

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

I can see that, my hope is they find a very good trade back haul. Use the mid-first on a falling LT or edge......If one of the QB is still around come 2nd, ugh go ahead.....But Im a pure BPA draft guy. Id honestly wish they by-pass the QB and just go heavy lineS, one MLB, and one TE. 

I hope they surprise you, I feel there are 3 offers to trade back and phillys is the best.

I think the trade back is likely just going to lead to disaster and the realization that Fitterer has no clue what he is doing. He is very attached to the "spray and pray" method and I don't think that is going to lead to success. If you want to load up on draft picks, don't squander them during the season, actually pay attention to compensatory picks and trade players FOR picks rather than vice versa. 

Everyone got hyped about all these draft picks from 2021 and none of them became starting players or even impact depth guys. They were largely roster fillers or disappointments. I realize asking rookies to start right away may be asking a lot....but not on a roster as barren as ours. 

Hence why I genuinely only want to see a trade back if all these LT's or DE's are gone. 

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I think the trade back is likely just going to lead to disaster and the realization that Fitterer has no clue what he is doing. He is very attached to the "spray and pray" method and I don't think that is going to lead to success. If you want to load up on draft picks, don't squander them during the season, actually pay attention to compensatory picks and trade players FOR picks rather than vice versa. 

Everyone got hyped about all these draft picks from 2021 and none of them became starting players or even impact depth guys. They were largely roster fillers or disappointments. I realize asking rookies to start right away may be asking a lot....but not on a roster as barren as ours. 

Hence why I genuinely only want to see a trade back if all these LT's or DE's are gone. 

You got to allow yourself at least two full off-seasons for a rookie class, imho. The coming days are huge for the 2021 class that you are dis-liking. Even with the rough start, Im still of the opinion that class will end up being one of the best in panthers history. Gimmie til the end of the season, we will reassess them again. I foresee you flipping your opinion on Fittererererere. 

I got no idea about the coming draft, but I feel Fittererre does have a good offer to trade back form philly. He may stay right there and pick a LT or DE. I do have faith the QB talk is just BS draft talk. 

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

You got to allow yourself at least two full off-seasons for a rookie class, imho. The coming days are huge for the 2021 class that you are dis-liking. Even with the rough start, Im still of the opinion that class will end up being one of the best in panthers history. Gimmie til the end of the season, we will reassess them again. I foresee you flipping your opinion on Fittererererere. 

I got no idea about the coming draft, but I feel Fittererre does have a good offer to trade back form philly. He may stay right there and pick a LT or DE. I do have faith the QB talk is just BS draft talk. 

I agree it is early to say finally but I didn't see much to make my opinion of them change in year 1. Even a guy I liked, TMJ, REALLY looks like a bust. So, my expectations are very low we did much other than get rotational guys after Horn.

If so, easily the worst draft class we have had in a while. Precisely because we passed on good players frequently 

• Pie 1

Just now, kungfoodude said:

I agree it is early to say finally but I didn't see much to make my opinion of them change in year 1. Even a guy I liked, TMJ, REALLY looks like a bust. So, my expectations are very low we did much other than get rotational guys after Horn.

If so, easily the worst draft class we have had in a while. Precisely because we passed on good players frequently 

I agree, TMJ in my mind was going to challenge most of the panther WR records. He barely got a game day jersey and I feel it was the final straw for Joe Brady. 

If hes finally 100% healthy, he needs to start forcing 3 WRs sets.....

For sure if this class busts, I will admit how wrong I was. Seasons end will show 65% the story. On record many times with the thinking this will be one of the best in panther history.

47 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I agree, TMJ in my mind was going to challenge most of the panther WR records. He barely got a game day jersey and I feel it was the final straw for Joe Brady. 

If hes finally 100% healthy, he needs to start forcing 3 WRs sets.....

For sure if this class busts, I will admit how wrong I was. Seasons end will show 65% the story. On record many times with the thinking this will be one of the best in panther history.

Brady was in over his head but it was Rhule who out him there. Hence why I don't believe in Fitterer. Keep in mind he was hand selected by Tepper and Rhule. The track record of those two is pretty pathetic.

I was down on the 2021 class and unfortunately they couldn't even meet my low expectations. Maybe a new coach will turn it around but I tend to be of the belief that successful players are going to be successful in the NFL almost regardless of coaches.

On 4/25/2022 at 7:40 PM, Happy Panther said:

It's a fun draft because we don't know who we will pick. How many years has it already been decided?

Right--we don't have day 2 picks, so this makes the first round really interesting.  Fitterer likes to wheel and deal--

I think we are going to move back, take a QB simply because we have not made a move to grab a free agent--and Fitterer saw how Seattle built a super bowl winner around Russell Wilson.  Fitterer wants to find that QB--and if people are saying, "But these QBs suck!"  I would remind people that Russell Wilson was a 3rd rounder.

• Pie 1