• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brady Christensen...??????

Jmac

18 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

i dont think thats a fair take. after the first and top half of second you aren't really expecting to draft impact starters. If BC ends up being a cheap 5 year plug and play OL that can step in and be average for 2-3 games a year for injuries and then backup as needed, that's a great 3rd round pick. 

If that is true then why in the fug did we trade back?

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, jb2288 said:

i dont think thats a fair take. after the first and top half of second you aren't really expecting to draft impact starters. If BC ends up being a cheap 5 year plug and play OL that can step in and be average for 2-3 games a year for injuries and then backup as needed, that's a great 3rd round pick. 

So only rounds 1 and 2 yield starters? That makes no sense. There would be no way to field a team.

• Beer 1

17 hours ago, Jmac said:

Pisses me off that Rhule didn't play the kid and now they have no idea what they got. Two days from the draft and they don't know if he can do the job or not. One pick to decide if they can afford to take a premier LT prospect and not gamble on the QB. 

Total lack of coaching foresight and planning. Don't understand the logic behind not playing him. Explain it to me because I don't get it.

I can explain it to you easy. Rhule sucks as a coach in the NFL. He is in way over his head and knows it but loves the paycheck. He fully expects to be fired but now sounds as if he may collect said paycheck for 5 years minimum and then get fired at which time he will head back and coach a team like Temple in college and laugh about these days while he drives our team straight into the ground. Why would he play him? Why not just sit him on the bench and then play him a couple games and admit he screwed up? I mean it isn't like Tepper is going to fire him. I swear Rhule must have incriminating pictures or evidence on Tepper which would only explain how this poo show continues on into the abyss and the black hole it appears we are heading towards with Coach Rhule at the wheel.

2 hours ago, rebelrouser said:

So only rounds 1 and 2 yield starters? That makes no sense. There would be no way to field a team.

No. Rounds 1 and 2 are considered day 1 to mid season starters for LT. Interior linemen usually can be found up to rd 4 for rookie starters. There are exceptions of course. I think a reasonable expectation would be he should be seeing the field regularly this year, and he should have been last year. 

5 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If that is true then why in the fug did we trade back?

One off season (I forget which one) Matt Rhule hung out with Jimmy Johnson down in Florida. Jimmy's philosophy (and understandable when you ponder it) is that it's good to have as many draft choices as possible on draft day.

1) All teams have draft busts. The more picks you have the more the greater the chance of finding solid players for the team.

2) It allows you to manipulate the draft board by moving up...or down...to get a player you want if he' left on the board.

Everything is all good when you land studs and overlooked players after the first two rounds. I think our FO got a little too cute in round 2. We could have drafted a LT in our initial spot. Instead we opted to trade down and the T we were targeting got picked right ahead us, so we traded down again...and picked a WR that we didn't need and failed to develop. In round 3 Brady was the highest rated lineman on our board that was still available so we took him. 

We ended up passing on about seven guys (at C, G, or T) who would have been tremendous upgrades on our line from day one.

He is the scheduled starting LT until he isn't. My guess he will end up the starting LG and a free agent LT will be signed. Even if a perceived LT is drafted I doubt he starts the season that way so a vet is needed.  Whether it plays out that way is anyone's guess.