• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

David Tepper to speak to media at noon today

jamos14

11 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Tepper seems to support Rhule more than has been reported. I can actually appreciate his remarks regarding patience and building a foundation. The thing is, I was kind of believing what he was saying until he said Darnold is a very good QB. That's where he kinda lost me and I began to question whether he's just optimistic to a fault, spouting PR bullet points, or just being disingenuous. 

anyone that sits up their with a straight face and says Sam Darnold is very good QB repeatedly......is telling you that everything they say is utter bullshit.  

Truthful people don't randomly throw in insane lies of that magnitude.   They aren't able to.  They BS some polite remark acknowledging the reality we all see and know. 

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Love Tepper he’s ruthless 

You need built in bias to walk away from that trainwreck presser thinking that.   That was a horrible presser.  This is why they have been hiding Tepper and Rhule.   And if Tepper hired good people....they would have prevented him from doing that pointless presser today and just left people bitching about him hiding.  That didn't help Tepper at all today. 

• Beer 2

13 minutes ago, Reebis21 said:

Anybody else find it weird with his answer to committing to keeping the panthers in Charlotte?

He said multiple times that Charlotte makes the most sense for the CAROLINA Panthers. He said this a couple times and emphasized “Carolina” every time. I took that as “so long as the team remains in the Carolinas, then yea”. Didn’t answer the question. A simple “yes” was all we needed. Not some round about politician answer.

he would lose leverage in any deal with the city on a new stadium

28 minutes ago, Chad_Cota said:

I think Darnold is starting week 1, last chance for redemption. Pulling for him.

I am not excited by this possibility. If it is, in fact, what happens though- I too will be pulling for him (because I'm a Panthers fan). Maybe Tepper will spend some $ and call in some professionals to help Darnold...

dr. raymond stantz dr. egon spengler gif | Ghostbusters movie, Ghostbusters  gif, Ghostbusters

i just listened to the whole thing, Tepper handled that pretty well. He just admitted to us fans that he has fuged up... and learning from it.  The way he handled the Rhule piece was well played, bc now it will keep the media away from our team on Rhule and this being a lame duck year. 

Tepper played the media game, and walked away above it. For those pissed that Tepper didnt answer team roster questions, why would you want him to be the squeaky wheel on our football operations?  That would destroy any leverage Scott has right now. 

• Pie 6
  • Flames 2

28 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Tepper seems to support Rhule more than has been reported. 

Honestly, I came out of it less sure about Matt Rhule.

For one, it's hard not to notice Tepper talked way more about Scott Fitterer than he did Rhule.

For another, while there were several "ask Scott" responses, some "ask Rock Hill" responses even, but if there was an "ask Matt" response, I missed it.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 3

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

i just listened to the whole thing, Tepper handled that pretty well. He just admitted to us fans that he has fuged up... and learning from it.  The way he handled the Rhule piece was well played, bc now it will keep the media away from our team on Rhule and this being a lame duck year. 

Tepper played the media game, and walked away above it. For those pissed that Tepper didnt answer team roster questions, why would you want him to be the squeaky wheel on our football operations?  That would destroy any leverage Scott has right now. 

I agree with alot of this assessment..

Everybody hates that he is still giving grace to Sam... Well he fuged up last year with the Teddy situation and doesn't want to make the same mistake.. Where you poo on a QB fell to replace him and can't go back to them..

He admitted he hasn't been patient which has cost this team years of building the right way..

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Honestly, I came out of it less sure about Matt Rhule.

For one, it's hard not to notice Tepper talked way more about Scott Fitterer than he did Rhule.

For another, while there were several "ask Scott" responses, some "ask Rock Hill" responses even, but if there was an "ask Matt" response, I missed it.

He may have said it, but it was almost like Rhule was an afterthought, and that's the general feeling that I got in that respect throughout Tepper's entire presser, though I kinda believe that he still may support him. I it's correct that they have made a concerted effort to keep Rhule away from the cameras as much as possible this offseason.

Just now, top dawg said:

He may have said it, but it was almost like Rhule was an afterthought, and that's the general feeling that I got in that respect throughout Tepper's entire presser, though I kinda believe that he still may support him. I it's correct that they have made a concerted effort to keep Rhule away from the cameras as much as possible this offseason.

It's hard not to come away from that feeling that Scott Fitterer has more trust than Matt Rhule at this point.