• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 3 Pick 94: Panthers Select Matt Corral - QB Ole Miss

Ricky Spanish

1 minute ago, Mother Grabber said:

i think howell is the safer pick. has less risk of flaming out and will likely be solid for a long time. carroll has a very high ceiling, but could also be gone before we have a chance to take a 5th year option on him.

Only first rounders get the fifth year option and after the 2020 CBA made them fully guaranteed they are more problematic now. Breer was talking about it this morning.

3 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

i think howell is the safer pick. has less risk of flaming out and will likely be solid for a long time. carroll has a very high ceiling, but could also be gone before we have a chance to take a 5th year option on him.

I think Howell and Corral are about the same in terms of gambles.  would have felt the same in general landing either.  I like Corrals game a little bit more.  Worry more about Corral having a little too much fun.  But Charlotte is probably a good spot for him vs some other cities. 

14 minutes ago, Dilla said:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/matt-corral/3200434f-5264-4234-3a2e-d0d8c1f80e47

Mayfield is the comp for Corral on NFL site. From Zierlein.

Welp, would you rather pay 20 million for one year of Baker Mayfield or would you rather pay like 4 million over 4 years for baker Mayfield?

I'm going to be straight up honest, I love the pick and I'm scared because Rhule seems to too.

Larry David Reaction GIF

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

19 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

No way. His arm talent and release is far greater than Heincke. 

If he has the brains I'd say the ceiling is a taller Drew Brees, I know they did a lot of RPO but Corral sat in the pocket when it was time to, unlike Pickett and Malik. He gets the Heinicke thing from willingly getting injured

Sooo... What jersey # do you think he will choose? Lol  DJ Moore already owns #2 so I doubt he'll give that up. I think #4 and #9 are available.

Also, if both Corral and Ridder actually pan out and become starters, we could potentially have the future of the NFL South in their hands for years to come.

Last thought: The whole irony in all this? Matt Corral played for Ole Miss, So did Eli Manning.. and who was Manning's OC/HC in NY.... Ben Macadoo.... 

• Pie 2