• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you have hope for the future??

WarPanthers89

My interest was at an all time low this off-season, but Fitt and Morgan have killed it. We have completely revamped our O line, held on to key young talent, and landed the best left tackle in the draft, along with getting a possible franchise QB all while keeping our 1st and 2nd round pick next season.

I never dreamed Icky would fall to us…..or that we could get someone like Corral without trading a future 1st/2nd round pick. 

We now have a young, talented defense, an O line that should be very respectable (Jesus we have a 10 year franchise LT now) and a young QB with first round talent that could be our franchise guy. I am stoked and these moves actually got me out of the funk I was in before. Ahhhhh that magic of the draft. What day Ye huddlers? How do you feel this morning after our draft magic?

DEBA2106-B14F-4C08-BDB8-F640C03CDBD1.jpeg

Edited by WarPanthers89
  • Pie 4
  • The D 1

13 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

My interest was at an all time low this off-season, but Fitt and Morgan have killed it. We have completely revamped our O line, held on to key young talent, and landed the best left tackle in the draft, along with getting a possible franchise QB all while keeping our 1st and 2nd round pick next season.

I never dreamed Icky would fall to us…..or that we could get someone like Corral without trading a future 1st/2nd round pick. 

We now have a young, talented defense, an O line that should be very respectable (Jesus we have a 10 year franchise LT now) and a young QB with first round talent that could be our franchise guy. I am stoked and these moves actually got me out of the funk I was in before. Ahhhhh that magic of the draft. What day Ye huddlers? How do you feel this morning after our draft magic?

Have to agree. We picked up two missing pieces and got potentially the best LT and QB in the draft.  Added to our coaching upgrades and free acquisitions we may have begun to turn the corner.

• Beer 1

My interest was also at an all time low this offseason, and really tbh from about midseason on. Does one offseason completely reverse that? No, because while all these moves look good, we won't really know what we have until actual games are played.

I'd say on balance I'm cautiously optimistic because they at least are focusing on glaring needs that were ignored before, causing me to cast aspersions on the ancestry, professional competence and general shoe lace tying mastery of more than one high ranking official within the organization over the past year.

I am now prepared to concede that all key decision makers may indeed be able to tie their shoes without assistance, but let me see the team in action before I get wildy exuberant to the point of declaring they can walk and chew gum at the same time.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

My plan if I was GM: Sign Ryan Fitzpatrick and let him battle it out with Darnold for the starting role so that Corral can have a true redshirt year and take over next season.

4A966BA7-3D96-4D18-9AB1-5569D9CAB512.jpeg

Are we absolutely certain that Fitz does not moonlight as a Russian or Eastern European gangster in the offseason? I mean, just look at the picture. Tell me you can't hear him saying in a thick slavic accent:

"Look, my friend, I no make threats. I just advise that if the half million rubles are safely in my hands by Tuesday, it is better for everyone's health, yes?"

Edited by 1of10Charnatives

I woke up this morning as a completely recharged fan. Between crushing our two picks this year AND seeing just how valuable Horn is going to be against all these new shiny WRs everyone else got.... I think the foundation is set for the next decade now. Give Corral a little time to get his feet wet and watch that dude shine.

• Pie 1

41 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Unfortunately, Rhule is still around, so any enthusiasm that this refreshingly competent offseason has generated thus far is being extremely blunted.