• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Waldman Film Room: Matt Corral

2 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Great channel with a ton of prospect breakdowns not limited to QBs. He did one for our new boy:

Some good, some bad, plenty to be optimistic about.

@Ricky Spanish thank you.. Big fan of Waldman breakdowns and this got me excited..

A few throws thst make you say "Hell Yeah"..

1. The Alabama throw with the escape quick pressure up the middle spin out and 60 yard bomb to a catchable TD.. Wow!!

2. Miss state throw with the pressure coming..  pump fake quick as hell reload quick release throw.. between 2 defenders down the middle 17 yards without getting his WR killed..

3. The Louieville pump fake on the  double move.. Quick scanned to the other side of the field.. 30 yard pass on the comeback again prospecting his WR. 

I also like how they breakdown the bad throws and bad decisions.. Which every QB has..

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

4. The Alabama throw where he escapes the pressure from his back (Stepping up). Into a guy colasping the pocket grabbing his leg.. Step back from that.. Readjust and throw a low and inside dart 25 yards.. Low enough from the trailing defender but high enough for his WR to have some yac..

Edited by WOW!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the pump fake and his ability  to not telegraph where he is going is refreshing. He has some things to work on but the skill is there. 

Edited by Lurk21
  • Pie 3

I really liked the end where he talked about Corral vs. Pickett. Pickett will do everything just fine. He'll do just enough but he'll work within borders. He'll take the safe route. Corral pushes those borders and he takes risks. Yes, there's some hero ball going on, but when its the last couple minutes and the game is on the line and you need points quickly, do you want someone who plays it safe or so you want someone who is going to try and accomplish the impossible? Someone who is going to take risks and push borders?

I think that Pickett will look better in his rookie year because he'll make less mistakes, but someone like Corral is going to grow into a bigger star and do bigger things because he took the risks. 

• Pie 2

So around the 20 min mark, he can go through reads without bailing. I think he'll be committed to getting very good in the pocket, just increase the reads gradually and slow him down a little. The opposite of Darnold who panics yet can't read the field until it's too late

• Pie 1

That was actually a really good breakdown of how he plays in the pocket. I liked the end piece where they point out Pickett crumbles under pressure and Corral goes all in, for better or worse. Rhule likes a Jimmy G so I'm pretty sure he got over-Rhuled on this pick. 

• Poo 1

2 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

So around the 20 min mark, he can go through reads without bailing. I think he'll be committed to getting very good in the pocket, just increase the reads gradually and slow him down a little. The opposite of Darnold who panics yet can't read the field until it's too late

29:30... 😱

• Pie 1