• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chances Matt Corral starts Week 1

Chances that Matt Corral is the starter Week 1  

221 members have voted

1. 1. What is the chance that Matt Corral is the starter Week 1

• 75%-100%
    • 50%-75%
    • 25%-50%
    • Less than 25%

On 5/5/2022 at 9:41 AM, shaqattaq said:

I'm interested in seeing a healthy Sam behind a good line in preseason. If he succeeds, he'll probably start week 1. Letting Corral ease into it is best for everyone, if Sam can play well enough to be a space holder.

A very expensive space-holder.

Good thing it's only for one year.

Sign me up for a ticket on the Corral train.  I would love to see him start day 1. The other options are just going to be hard to endure another season. 

But in reality it's going to be difficult for all these rookies to adjust to the speed of the game and the talent level they are competing against. 

I do not doubt he will get ready and take over eventually but could not tell you when that will be. I know they will test him well in training camp and preseason. 

Let's all hope he can prove the league and his doubters wrong. Because the alternative is a bitter pill I'd rather not swallow. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

Matt is a f'n baller. Don't coddle this man. Training camp is designed to ease guys in and get them into the speed of the game. Preseason games even moreso. People tell me this ain't the old days, well it ain't the old days, giving the man reps with first team is more important for the future of this team than to watch anything Sam would do. There should be no question who should start. You drafted him to do the job. Sam knows it. The writing is on the wall. Why waste anybody's time. 

Sam in 4yrs is a proven backup. His #'s career wise are terrible. Not a starter. Play your starter let backups backup and "mentor" with them headphones and clipboard not getting valuable reps your draft pick needs.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

On 5/6/2022 at 4:25 PM, glenwo2 said:

A very expensive space-holder.

Good thing it's only for one year.

I hear ya, but that's money already spent, we ain't getting it back. Let him earn it by taking the beating while the new O-line gels and Corral and Icky get used to NFL speed football.

• Pie 1

Now that Corral's on board, it's open competition @QB... 

All Corral has to do is learn roughly 30% of the playbook.

Sam could barely remember 10% of Brady's concepts so I'm sure McAdoo's playbook going give him hell.

Truth is Corral may end up just punking Darnold for the job, like straight up take it from him, Sike, best believe if Carolina could find anyone to take Darnold, he would be gone.

Darnold is too nice to fight, Corral #1QB in the bag.

I think PJ going push Corral more as far as their competitive nature.

On 5/6/2022 at 1:32 PM, pantherclaw said:

As much as I would love the oline to start the season kicking ass, and taking names.... that doesn't seem to happen in the modern NFL. 

Sam is more physically gifted,  and knows the offense. 

He should be getting the start at the beginning of the season. 

Here is to hoping for a good start to the season, regardless whom is starting. 

Does he really know the new offense though, that’s the question.

On 5/5/2022 at 9:41 AM, shaqattaq said:

I'm interested in seeing a healthy Sam behind a good line in preseason. If he succeeds, he'll probably start week 1. Letting Corral ease into it is best for everyone, if Sam can play well enough to be a space holder.

Your "space holder" in action:

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, pantherclaw said:

I forgot Ben is putting in a new offense.  Sorry, it slipped my mind while making the post. 

No worries. But that is what makes it really interesting. Who will pick up the new offense quicker?

• Pie 3